Another Gout Question :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

New here and tried to read through as much as I could first so sorry if I missed this asked before.  First I must say, OWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!  Yes, going through an attack right now so I had to let out a little scream.

My question is:  This is only my 5th attack, but the previous 4 have always been the same in one foot or the other.  What happened this time is two nights ago I saw the red tenderness forming next to my big toe on my left foot.  I knew exactly what it was and what was going to happen.  At least I thought.

Yesterday I still saw the red flare up on the left, no real pain, but my right foot started to feel a little stiff.  Sure enough, woke up in the middle of the night screaming with the pain, however it was in my right foot and now the toe on my right foot (and other parts of the foot) have that oh so wonderful red, puffy glow.

Is that normal?  To have it start on one foot but never really develop, yet get full blown on the other foot that initially showed no signs?  Strange to me, but again, just my 5th attack.

Thanks and just curious

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey there, yes it sucks but I have watched my husband go through the exact same thing. It moves from foot to foot and moves in and out of different areas of the foot. I don't know what causes this kind of funky attack but I've witnessed it. Are you on any meds? It sounds like your body is trying to rid of a heavy urate buildup. I wish I had more for you but just wanted you to know I've seen that particular attack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.