Another major Trauma to my already damaged body

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All well the bad news is that on Friday the 10th I was at work and five minutes from my destination stopped behind a BMW X5 4x4 vehicle indicating to turn right when I was his at speed from behind from I believe another BMW yet to be sent information from the full accident from the police but in post to me so to say I am physically damaged again is unreal broke some ribs multiple internal bleeding bad bruises all down left side from seatbelt locking to front of my stomach from airbag casing and huge gouge out of left first finger from the same went Dr yesterday but not my own to see first hand all the damage and to get my right knee checked as took a big impact grazed and massively bruised full of fluid which says will take 2-3 weeks to settle hot but felt not infected go nurse tomorrow to check on finger so will review knee again with her. Spoke with my pain rehab OT and she advised this is a whole new trauma to the body and it has got to be given time to settle alongside original fibromyalgia already underlying but of course will be getting major flare up from this event but lucky to be alive and semi mobile but avoiding trying to sneeze or cough as ribs so tender. Just thought you would welcome knowing this feeling in agony and weak as trying to carry on as normal and now catching up with me back really sore today and getting recurring headaches and floaters in the eyes nice bump from headrest to back of my head too but out of hospital same afternoon. A very bruised grazed and sore Julia

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Julia How are you? how are things with you? Hows the recovery going from your accident have you had the report back from it yet. have you heard from pip. take care thinking of you gentle hugs 
    • Posted

Hi Kaz still very sore especially left rib and still plenty of bruises on my legs which don't appear to want to go away had the police letter Friday with details if other parties involved and their vehicles one a Mercedes 4x4 the front one my taxi went into and behind was a 4x4 BMW X5 outlining the police will be taking no further action still very weak and constantly tired and relying on lots of paracetamol and prescribed ibuprofen but really upset my stomach and IBS with lots of chronic diarrhoea far from ideal but as I am off Jobseeker's will mean charges for medication I cannot finance so heaven knows what will happen when need repeat luckily on school holidays.  Have work coach review Thursday at jobcentre but my central back had suffered from the impact too finding it jolly painful doing anything for long and my hands are sore today.  Nothing to update with regards to PIP trying to push through as best I can but only time will tell the consequence of this mishap.  Still struggle to get comfy in bed another part of this I did not need as was only able to sleep on my sides anyway thanks for thinking if me.  Julia
    • Posted

Hi Julia54537 Wish I had a magic wand to wave over oth of us. your really going through the mill bless you. copeing with fibro is bad enough, wih out having anthing else added to it. Ive noticed since having fibro if I get an another illness on top it takes me ages to get over it. fibro makes everything 10x worse.Hope you soon hear from pip it took 3 months for me to hear back from them once Id had my review. If your awarded it they will back date it. I siffer with Ibs quiet badly,my hands are very painful I struggle with thpeing and texing. Hope all goes well with your work coach review. its so difficult trying to work with fibro. some of lost their jobs through it others have had to give their jobs up. those that are still working are struggling. All you can do hun is take each day as it comes get through the day as best you can. here for you if ever ou need a chat and off load take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

Just want to share caring hugs...julia..   take care..  gentle as you go.  :-)
  • Posted

Hi Julia54537 How are you? hows things with you? Cant remember if you said you had applied for pip, if you have have you been a warded it. Havnt heard from in a while wondered how you were take care gentle hugs kaz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.