Another Med Review - feel so low today!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Feel so awful, saw my GP on friday she has given me another month of citalopram and put it on my repeat now!

Really having a bad day with pain in my lower back alongside my spine it is horrendous. I am taking cocodamol at the moment but my GP is giving me tramadol for the pain and referring me to the pain clinic but i have no idea how long that will take!

I feel lowsy at work and the pain doesnt make things any better, i cant sleep for the pain i have tried everything, add to that i feel emotionally drained and weak.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i take Tramadol and have been taking it for about twenty years, it is a good medication if your pain is bad

I went to a Pain Clinic many years ago, I cannot know the waiting times, all I will say is it is well worth the wait. The education on your condition and its possible treatment will really help and the courses and lectures are a life changing experience that will help you control the many problems associated or not to your condition.

Keep a hold, One of the most interesting clinics in the NHS

BOB

• Posted

Thanks Bob, I took them last night and they made me sleep and the pain was duller than before but this morning i couldnt take them as i needed to drive to work.
  • Posted

Maybe try meditation it works for me and can help move your focus point from your pain to a mental focus of healing energy, hang on in there it will get better don't try to do to much and keep faith I your ability to heal.

• Posted

thanks Danny37

i am trying it is just a daily struggle, i am hoping the mri scan will show the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.