Another newbie - and some questions...?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, and greetings from Norway! No such thing as an Orlistat forum here, so had to go over-seas wink

?Just started Orlistat/Xenical this monday. My weight was 96 kgs (which is approx 212 lbs). Will weigh-in every friday, but I really can`t resist weighing every other day, and so far I`m not all that happy....

?Have been extremely good at keeping the fat down. Just eating stuff with 5 grams fat pr 100 grams, which is what I`ve read is what we should do....and no more than 30% fat a day. Well....that`s no problem, but finding ingredients that are all under 5%, well, that`s not easy at all. Or is it? Do you all follow this rule? My meals are all just 4-5 grams fat, which is way under what the leaflet says....It says no more than 15 pr meal....

?Also, I`m feeling constipated. I drink loads of water, and I haven`t had any side effects yet. Probably beacuse I`m eating well....but is it possible to eat too little fat? Should I try eat some more, beacuse this constipation is just "yuk". Feeling bloated too. Is this normal? and what to do?

?Just reading about people going to the loo all the time. Not me...and not losing much either. Would love som tips, please smile

?Btw, anyone know if there`s a diary-function here? would love keeping an online diary..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Do you mean a diary for keeping track of your food? If so, I use MyFitnessPal which is great.

Try not to worry too much if you've only been on a plan for 3 days. How much have you lost? I can't resist the scales either!

Try to be mindful of calories and sugar too if you're not already. I find I hard to eat enough fat at meals some times too.

Re bloating - I get this too. Drinking water like you say Is good for constipation but are you also eating enough fibre?

• Posted

Nah, I meant like a diary online (here on patient), like a daily journal with photos and stuff wink Me too, using MFP, it`s great, but I miss writing small journals from day to day....I might have to start a blog wink

?I jumped on the scale today, and sofar, after 4 days I`ve lost 1,5 kgs (3 lbs). That`s pretty good actually, isn`t it? wondering how much after 1 week though.

?Have you been on Xenical for long and how much have you lost?

?Oh...thanks so much for reminding med about fibers. No way I eat enough fibre....Any good sources you know of? I`m so bad on these things...

smile

• Posted

My first week or two I had increased trips to the toilet (no bad oily side effects- just going more often than usual) some gas as in burpy and sore gurgly tummy at times. Now week three it has all stopped and I am back to every 2-3 days (which is where I was before starting Orlistat). No weight loss so far. 

But to be fair I never really thought ''eating to much fat'' was my problem. The doc just shoved these pills at me and told me to try them. So I am. I will persevere though and hope it will turn around. But only a week to go before check up so not looking good ha ha.

• Posted

Ah, how boring to make all this effort, and no weight loss?sad That`s rather unusual isn`t it?But as you say, you don`t eat much fat in the first plae.  How is your daily food intake? Not much fat is a good thing though, but do you count calories? If so, you should lose weight....or?

?That being said, I have done it all. I`ve tried Paleo, South Beach, LCHF, extreme low calorie-diet etc etc, and not losing a single pound. Turned out I`m hypothyroid with extreme (almost dangerous) values. No wonder I haven`t been able to lose.

?Just a thought....if you aren`t losing, you might check your thyroids, insulin and also leptin-levels. They all work for or against us.

Good luck on your check up!! smile

?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.