ANOTHER ovarian cyst??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had keyhole surgery 2 months ago to remove a 9/10cm cyst which went smoothly, quick recover and enjoyed being symptom-free for a good month+ ! (I also had open surgery back in Jan 2012 for another 9/10cm cyst and also had a baby in March 2013 - no complications)

So the dreaded bladder presure, frequent urination symptoms started, along with fatigue and irritability. Then general pelvic aches and pains and stabbing/pinching/pulling pains around hips. I went to the GP and my urine dip test showed up (probable) infection. I think it was white blood cells and high glucose in wee. Never been so happy to have an infection!! I really hoped that was it and nothing more sinister. They gave me anitbiotics, took bloods and sent another urine sample off to the lab and booked me in for an ultrasound anyway. I've had terrible thirst and they wanted to check blood sugar levels as that's a key indicator of diabetes.

Still waiting on bloods and ultrasound referral to come through but the urine sample came back from the lab clear! Then the second urine dip test showed up high white blood cells and blood in urine (just a little and not visible in urine sample). That's indicative of infection - but the lab results were clear!? Confused what is going on is an understatement!

The course of antibiotics has done *something* as the frequent urination, thirst and bladder pressure has gone! However the aches and pains have not sad This was only last week and today my period has arrived with a lot of right sided hip/ovary area pain and cramping. It's also quite early, as was last months. I used to be very regualr 30 day cycle at the end of the month, then last month it was 25/26th and now 18th.

The other odd symptom is left arm pain. Of course google says I'm dying and go staright to A&E I'm having a heart attack(!). Last week my BP was fine at the GPs. I got pins and needles in my arms and legs last time I had a cyst but not this arm pain I don't think. It's like a dull ache inside my arm.

GP is away today and I'll find out blood results tomorrow evening (hopefully) when he's back in clinic but we're away tomorrow and Wednesday so I won't see the dr til Thursday earliest.

Anyone got any insight into what the hell is going on with my body??

TIA x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi TIA i have a 11cm cyst on my left ovarie and i have to have to have a full hysterectormy i am 49yrs and the gyni gave me a choice either to have my ovarie out with the cyst or a hysterectomy.I choice the hysterectomy because i have small cysts on my right and they might start causing me pai in time.For the passed 4 days ive started getting pins and needles in my left foot not sure if its anything to do with cyst.
    • Posted

I had pins and needles in hands and feet with the last one which GP insisted was not related but 'magically' disappeared after surgery. The cyst I had was pretty sizeable adn I think it was pressing on a nerve!

However this isn't pins and needles pain it's like a dead arm. I get it when not doing anything, when I'm using my arm (not my writing arm), when exercising - but not all the time just some of the time with no clear pattern or obvious reason for onset rolleyes

• Posted

My cyst is pressing againt my bowels so i go to the toilet about 4/5 times a day.My operation is the 12th Sep.Are you booked in for thr docs you need yo mention about your arm xx

• Posted

No not booked in - they only take bookings from 8am every day unless you've been asked to come back - you can't book in for, say, Thursday unless dr has already seen you and says come back in a week or whatever. I'm waiting on the blood test results - dr should instruct receptionist to call me on (or not) depending on results. Maybe I'll get a call off the dr direct. I've already been referred for the ultrasound so if bloods come back normal I'm not sure they'll bother doing anything else?? But yes I'll definitely mention the arm issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.