Another scan possbile worry!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey!

i had a 11cm cyst on my right ovary at the start of this year- in april the cyst, my ovary and tube were removed from my right side as my team and the cancer team didnt know if it was cancerous or not as my scans were not clear so thats why they removed everything- lucky enough it came back clear once tested- i had open operation.

i saw my consultant who done my OP In august and he refered me for an interal scan for my left ovary as i had left sided pain which i havent had in a while now ( they had to so it as interal scan because your bowel covers your left ovary)

today i got a letter through to have the same scan again but i havent even had my results from the scan which i had about a month ago. i phoned the number to book the scan to have for a second time and i was asking about results but she couldnt give them to me which i alreadly knew but did tell me that my consulant had put on the system that he wanted the scan to be reperted in 6-8 weeks.

should i be worried about this? something has shown up on my last scan or they wouldnt be doing it again.

im worried that its possbile cancer or something else serious..... but surely if it was something serious would they of contacted me? and would they wait 6-8 weeks to re scan me?

im only 24 years old so this is a worry.

could this be a cyst on my left side?

just need some help

thanks

holly

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi holly i am in the same situation that u are i had my left ovary and tube taken out in april now i am having pain on my left side i went for an ultrasound and i have a 2cm cyst on this one i don't have a doctors appointment until 2 weeks. and if it is serious they will call u up believe me that is what the doctor did for me i hope everything turns out ok

• Posted

thanks for commenting. thats thing i dont know what the results are from my scan last month- they just wanted to do it again in 6-8 weeks.

so if it was serious like cancer- would i of had another scan a lot sooner than 6-8 weeks?

surely they would have told me if they expected anything serious?

is this more likely to be a small cyst?

when they done my operation in april it all all clear from anything else.

• Posted

if it was cancer they would have told u or called u and u would have the scan done sooner then 6 weeks with them wanting to do the scan in 6 to 8 weeks it is more likely a small cyst cause if it was bigger they would see u sooner i hope everything turns out ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.