Another Sleepless Night :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone out there? hopefully not, hopefully you're all having better luck than me at this time in the morning! I really don't know why I'm wide awake after a 12 hour shift at work today but sleep just keeps eluding me at the moment. eek sending hugs to all xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there....I promise it will get better. perhaps you can try natural passion flower or something simular in the homeopathic arena this time. I sometimes still have trouble after 7 months off meds. Sounds funny, but i put myself to sleep talking to God and before I know it I'm waking up, usually before my alarm. But atleast I've slept.

Hope things get better for you soon.

Michele

• Posted

I feel for you, you .don't say how long you stopped taking mirtazapine. I have had chronic insomnia for years and was on mirtazapine for 4 months,on my 3rd month I went to 45mg it didn't have had bad effects on me apart from still having the bad insomnia (talking about 1/2 hours a night.  Withdrew for a month to 30mg then 15mg for 8 days then came off them altogether.  Hopefully now my insomnia should be cured as I've had cbt/hypnosis. Been off them now for 10 days but still not sleeping, I was so desperate last night I had 1/2 sleeping pill but only slept 3 hours and I'm also limiting my time in bed going to bed at 1.30 and rising at 6.30.

Keep in touch

• Posted

Hi Insomniac do you think the hypnosis works? Ive got an appointment next month for about 12sessions of hypnosis for IBS,I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will do the trick. I'd appreciate your oppinion.
    • Posted

I've been coming off mirt for just a few weeks and I'm down from 45mg to 15mg at present. That's when the sleeping problems have started but only intermittent. Also I have some other wd symptoms too after many years of no problems at all so it's quite hard to take sometimes. Being so tired is obv hard because it's interfering with the rest of my life and I just want to get on with things but I'm having to now cope with these extra problems caused by the wd. I'm trying to wd very slowly, as per the advice from this site to try to minimise the problems but I still do get the odd night where I just can't sleep at all - often completely random! I really appreciate all the support on here, though, it really helps to talk. I do hope you have some better times ahead. take care smile
    • Posted

I have been seeing a psychologist/hypnotherapist for anxiety which dated right back to childhood causing many problems in my adult life.  Its really helped me and I understand it is used for IBS, so good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.