Another symptom?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everybody, just recently I seem to have developed a twitch. It happens when I'm relaxed and it can be anywhere in my body. My legs will kick out or my hand will flap, it also happens in my arms, my neck and my back. It seems to be like a muscle spasm that causes it.

As if it isn't hard enough to get some sleep with this god awful condition. 

Does anybody  else have this? I don't know if it is another symptom of Fibro or something completely separate 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I'll get a little nerve jump now and then, but it doesn't bother me....don't know if that is a fibro thing or just what goes on in our bodies.....are you taking ENOUGH magnesium? THis is one mineral that everyone needs to be on top of, check out Magnesium Deficiency. j
    • Posted

I guess not,as I'm not taking any, I'll have a look at it though
  • Posted

Hi,

I  experience the kicking out of my legs and put it down to spasms. I find it's when I am more relaxed...particularly if I'm on holiday and chilled. 

It takes me a long time to go to sleep, then I can be wakened up by them too.

I find that if I get worked up about something it happens...so I do try to keep calm .Its horrible and I understand wholly where you are coming from . 

Good luck and try to relax

s x

• Posted

thanks for that, people keep telling me to relax and I really think I am relaxed until something happens to prove that I'm not, and as you say it takes a while to go off to sleep so to be woken by something as simple as this is frustrating.

I'll get there in the end though, fingers crossed

xxx

• Posted

Hi,

I always think I'm chilled too,  but then I work on my relaxing techniques and realise I  am usually wound up like a coiled spring. 

Bless you 

s x

• Posted

Magnesium, B Vitamins and MINDFULNESS.....

To be mindful to release the body makes so much sense....

As I sit here typing I just relaxed my tight shoulders.,....be mindful....

• Posted

Joy, you are so right about mindfulness, we are always tightening up without realising it. That's when I take a few deep slow breaths & when I'm exhaling I try to "let it all out" Magnesium helps with muscular spasms which I get due to taking statins for raised cholesterol. I have been taking BComplex for a few years also vit E
    • Posted

Karry, not to open Pandora's Box, but I tend to do that when I hear people taking drugs and statins for sure....statins are too dangerous and cause muscle damage. I've heard this from so many...

Do a search of Cholesterol Myth, there are even books written about this myth....

I'm 76 and probably 5 yrs ago my integrative MD started testing my homocysteine levels and they were elevated and so I've been taking some homo supplements to lower it.

We need good fats and cholesterol is not the issue. I believe this, we had a support group in our town for some years and I learned so much...

Docs dowel out statins and anti depressants like they are candy....same in the U.S. One has to get smart....

I have an anti depressant drug story too.....

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed specific website, books etc names. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Karry, I took some effort and typed you a pretty informative message and now I see it's waiting to be moderated.....Why this happens is beyond me. HOPE it's printed...
    • Posted

anything with web adresses or recomandations of products gets moderater .you have to private message the person on this part of the forum they class it as advertising. you private message by pressing the person yr replying to  grey envolope icon on the left.

tian

• Posted

try the simple solution first , magneisum oil massged in to legs and arms and back if you have someone to do it for you. havnt had any twitching in my legs in months since back using this oil.

if you do not have any i b s or kidney trouble you could also take a plant based magneisum supplement as well for quicker results. if this process dosent work in a few weeks ,see yr doctor.

it even worked on my eye that has twitching fits ,as soon as it starts i dab it on with my finger tip avoiding  it getting in to the eye and stinging . i private message you with the best on ebay , cant do it here because its classed as advertising.

• Posted

I have the same thing also happens during the night and I've always been a light sleeper anyway so makes for a long night most nights. Also it will flick away at a finger 
  • Posted

I have a really bad twich in my left eye it  is able to be seen its that bad it acsually looks like i am winking its driving me up the wall i hate going out incase i twitch at the rong person or at a bloke as im happly married thats how indarist i am with it hun 
  • Posted

Hi CrazyDaisy.

I have been getting these jerks for a few months now and have constantly burned my hands and arms while ironing or cooking. My arms just jerk out and whatever i have in my hand at the time drops to the floor or worse still comes in contact with my skin somewhere. My recent visitors who came to stay with us for a holiday thought I was self harming! I also get it in my legs where all of a sudden they just seem to lose strength and go from me. I have only fallen once in the street thank God. In this past month I have now developed a jaw jerk and I cant get my words out properly (sounds like stammering) My doctor said it was all part and parcel of this condition. What next I ask myself. Hope this helps in a bizzare way. Take care x

• Posted

Functional Movement Disorder. I have just been offically diagnosed with it by a Neourolgist. He said they are having more ME/CFS suffers coming through with it.  Especially triggered by stress and happens when you relax.  He upped my Lyrica?Pregablin but that made it worse. I've just dropped all my Lyrica and it's calmed it down alot.

It was interesting to read about it through Google.

• Posted

Those DRUGS, I avoid them....Here in the U.S. the tv is loaded with drug ads, makes me want to scream.

If you can find and use an integrative MD or naturopath, you are much better off.....

• Posted

your spot on, the reason homeopahic medincine is pulled apart by the drug companies and medical proffesion is because they cant make any money on it . regards tian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.