Another symptom?

Posted , 6 users are following.

a new one I'm experiencing is stuffy nose and a funny feeling when swallowing like having a frog in my throat - meno symptom? Not fluey or anything - started last night - anyone else suffered from this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have lots of problems with my throat :-(  it's been going on for a year ... so fed up ... i've also developed an Adam's Apple which all docs are baffled by - loads of test done over this time - throat camera done - normal - ct scan on neck - normal ... maybe getting another throat camera done - waiting on decision on that.  I am 50 and live in Scotland.  not one dos has mentioned that it could be perimenopause ... all my hormone tests were within range.  had thyroid tests done too ... really at end of tether ... should be on holiday in Portugal as I type but didnt go cause so down with this neck, throat puzzle :-(

• Posted

I have lots of problems with my throat :-(  it's been going on for a year ... so fed up ... i've also developed an Adam's Apple which all docs are baffled by - loads of test done over this time - throat camera done - normal - ct scan on neck - normal ... maybe getting another throat camera done - waiting on decision on that.  I am 50 and live in Scotland.  not one dos has mentioned that it could be perimenopause ... all my hormone tests were within range.  had thyroid tests done too ... really at end of tether ... should be on holiday in Portugal as I type but didnt go cause so down with this neck, throat puzzle :-(

• Posted

I've had this for about a month when my night sweats and flushes started. Never thought it could be peri. And a tight chest. Thought it was humidity. Or not sleeping properly.

• Posted

Yes I've had this since night sweats and flushes started a month ago, and tight chest. Thought it was humidity. Never linked it to peri.

• Posted

We are in allergy season so a stuffy nose would indicate that pollen is the culprit of that stuffiness.

As for the throat thing, yes, it's a part of peri, but it will go away just like everything else that shows up. Hopefully, it won't last too long.

• Posted

Thank you! Symptoms galore - now waiting for the next one! Thank you everyone for all your comments - all are such a help so thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.