another test

Posted , 3 users are following.

whats the accuracy of a 8-9 week 4th generation duo test, is there still a chance it could change at 3 months? i also have a 4 week negative duo, a 6 week negative rapid, and an 7-8 week 3rd generation negative, but still a few symptoms and worried

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to hear of your worry.  Are you in UK?

Have you any real reason to think that you may be infected [I take it that we are talking HIV/AIDS?] for example sex with someone who you now know is +ve?

Surely at some time you must start relying on doctors [this is a medical website basically] and if you are worried about the accuracy of tests should ask your doctors.

The difficulty is - and this is of little help to you I suspect - that when we are worried about things lots of other things may seem related to the worry rather than coincidental or irrelevant.

• Posted

i do not know if the man was positive, the reason is symptoms i have experienced but i have had negative tests after these symptoms. I am wandering what would be the chance of having 4 false negatives at this stage?
    • Posted

Sounds like your symptoms are likely being caused by anxiety from this. You'd be amazed at what the mind can convince itself of. Yiu have a much higher risk of a lot other STDs, than HIV
    • Posted

Hope so

I have had full std tests done all negative so far, still need to a final hiv test at 3 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.