Another unproductive eye exam

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,i have posterior Blepharitis /mgd. I have been to 2 optometrist, thought Id try an opthomologist. Waited a month and a half. He barely looked in my eyes. Gave me no set care regiment. Said it would be up to me to figure how many compresses,what eye drops etc. I said it was unnerveing and it was hard to get on with life,He said why. Well because I have blurry vision that cant be ignored for one thing. Basic attitude was dont concentrate on it. Well how do you do that when you use your eyes all day. Anyway he did offer doxy,said it does help some people. Im sure I will try it soon,but will be going back to my doctor. Cant wait to get the bill for virtually nothing.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

btw,go to chanel and get all the stuff you can wear,instant boost....lol smile

• Posted

Funny thing my main problem is posterior blepharitis,occasionaly get anterior that only lasts a few days. My doc says when im not in a flare i can wear hypoallergenic eye make up. Im thinking maybe just a cream based eye shadow as it wouldnt flake as much. A shade to use as an eyeliner above the lash. I got an eyeliner hypoallergenic for sensitive skin but have not used it. When i try anything in going to wash it off as soon as i get hime with disposable eyelid cleaner. I need to go to a cream based foundstion as i wear powder. My blush is powder base so i close my eye on the side i apply,i must look rediculous. Xx
  • Posted

i tried it all,nothing works....lol i dont use cream because it was wayyyyy to hard to get off. to much rubbing and it aggreviated my eyes,i use powder ,no sparkle and i apply it very lightly....no creams..........creams dont let anything breath and you cant get it off.... i use cover girl and use a lil,blk or brown and thats it
  • Posted

do not use everydayyyyy............ once in awhile,trust me,my eyes swelled like to golf balls once.....
    • Posted

Oh i wont,truthfully since this started my social life barely exsists. The posterior bleph and clogged glands makes for blurred vision,discomfort and anxiety. Hard to accept.
  • Posted

i was heart sick when it first happened and now fyi im dealing with a condition that is making my mouth swell and burn,i have no idea what it is going for blood work,see,you have to remain strong,because as one thing heals another may go.... you have to learn to accept and say to yourself,OK BODY,YOUR GOING TO PULL THIS CRAP ON ME,WELL I GOT NEWS FOR YOU,IM A FIGHTER AND IM GOING TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!  KEEP TRYING THINGS ,KEEP FIGHTING AND THEN YOU'LL GET TO THE POINT WELL EITHIER THE BODY IS GOING TO FIX IT OR I AM GOING TO LIVE WITH THIS CRAP.....LOL wink      I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU,BECAUSE I WAS SO SAD ABOUT 7 MONTHS AGO ,AND NOW MY MOUTH SITUATION,SO I UNDERSTAND...;(   XXXX YOU GOT THIS

• Posted

You are such a nice lady. Your message helped me so much. Lets keep in touch on here. Hope you feel better,you have a wonderful attitude. Hugs!
  • Posted

I am right there with you.

Was just diagnosed in July.

Opthalmologist totally downplayed it -

Compared it to dandruff of the eyelid with "simple" remedy.

Here I am a month later. Religiously following the lid scrub, warm compresses. Still have symptoms.

I have given up contact lenses, and makeup.

Hitting self esteem hard.

Interesting that the dr said it was common yet I know no one with it personally.

Ppl reference flare ups, but when do the symptoms ever go dormant?

How long do flare ups last?!

This has been a month.

I mourn the days only earlier in the year when I had normal eyes.

• Posted

Me too. Its very hard to deal with this day to day and no one understands the anxiety it can caus. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.