Anoying feeling of being some kind of drunk

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi,

This is a problem which I suffer from a lot and I wonder what I can do about it.

The best thing to describe it is that it feels like being drunk. I feel a bit out of balance, my vision is blurry and my body feels not clear for some reason. This causes anxiety, stress and depression for me, because I want to have a clear mind and especially when you fully sober.. Sometimes I'm doing in stuff and I just feel very out of place.. All of this makes me very insecure about my thought process and my overall well being.

Any tips? I would really appreciate it. This is not the only problem where I suffer from, but if I could change it I would probably feel a lot better. I discussed this a lot with my psychologist, but she never gave any good advice about it. The only thing I could think about which could help me is some more exercise in my life, because I'm a lot of home and I've a lot of days I don't even come outside. But at the moment it's hard to get discipline in this, because I'm being in a really deep hole for ages now and my depression is increasing about this.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i get the same way sometimes and you feel sick and out of sorts i hate it so much

• Posted

Yeah I thought so too when I still took medicines, but now I'm sober for months and I feel still the same. It could be it in your case though.

• Posted

Feeling dizzy, out of body experience is all part of anxiety and then you're being frightened by those symptoms making it worse

• Posted

Well it doesn't really come with a reason so it's hard to really know what to do. Yeah focusing on it make it worse, but when you're not it already feels very uncomfortable. I sometimes reflect it with a bad trip I had with magic mushrooms and weed long ago. Symptoms are feeling some what similar. Really hate it and I want it to stop:(

• Posted

I was exactly the same last september felt light headed, spaced out, when I went out I would feel like I was going to pass out etc I had CBT therapy for exposure therapy but this didn't work. I have also being taken sertraline daily (went from 50mg up to 100mg then 150mg) this has helped massively but I have gained alot of weight so I am currently tapering down.

the feeling is your body pumping adrenalline and they call it something like the flight of fight which is what we used as cavemen.

• Posted

i feel this way almost every day myself. its So rough!!! I dont know what to do about it either. Mine lessons or goes away at night. Also if i take an ativan. That seems to poont to anxiety except its there whether im anxious or not so who knows.

• Edited

i am currently going through this too and its one of the hardest things ive ever had to deal with. I have just recently started taking a vitamin b complex daily for a week now and i can notice a slight difference but i have also taken a diazepam which ive been resisting as was told to only take one if its bad so that might have also helped in calming things a bit too. Also i have been repeating to myself over and over that i am not afraid of these feelings anymore to try drill it in to my brain that everything is ok. its all helping a bit but still got the foggy unreal feelings.

• Edited

Hi,

Just checking into this thread as another person who also experiences something very similar. Just about everyday I feel lightheaded / head pressure / fuzziness - like being drunk with the slightly off balance feeling. It comes on worse when I am around groups of other people - at the chemist the other day whilst queuing to pick up my prescription (diazepam) the lady in front was taking a long time by asking the dispenser a lot of repetitive questions. This started to cause me to sweat and my head pressure and derealisation became worse -it's awful. I have also tried to tell myself there is no problem and it's just anxiety but it doesn't work - the brain fog is just too powerful.

Like I expect others on this thread, I am totally fed-up and feel like I am losing my mind. Trying to explain this to others doesn't help, as they seem to have no comprehension how it feels 😦

• Posted

hi did you get anywhere with this please? ive had for 25 miserable years! would appreciate any feedback please thank you

• Posted

please did you find a solution to this eventually

i know its been two years

• Posted

Hello,

Unfortunately am still struggling with head pressure / brain fog / dizziness on a daily basis (except at weekends), Was prescribed Sertraline but other than making me dehydrated it seems to have little other effect for me, I believe the symptoms are down to tension.....

• Posted

if youre only experiencing it during weekdays and you dont work weekends then certainly sounds stress related

i have pain and tiredness with mine so it seems its fibromyalga syndrome the drunk feeling for me is a type of dissosciation called derealisation hope you get some help with it

• Posted

Obviously there's lack of fresh air and exercises in your life. Do you have any bad habits? You'll need to find motivation to quit them and start going in for sport. You can start with some app offering an easy level of stretching/ cardio and most probably dizziness will disappear in a week. The hardest part is self motivation of course.

domyhomework4me.onl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.