ANSWERING PINWORM QUESTIONS

Posted , 3 users are following.

my grandma and auntie both have worked in medical fields in Romania. I’ve been asking them these questions and they’ve been answering .

CAN PINWORMS LIVE IN EARS, NOSE AND EYES?

No they cannot. They NEED sugar to survive so if in some extreme rare cases an egg hatches in your ear for example they’ll die as their food source isn’t the here. It’s  like finding a crocodile in the desert.

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP GETTING REINFECTED?

This depends. If you think about it you’re phone is  way dirtier than a toilet and has been proven countless times. I’m not saying dump your phone in hot Water but but gently rubbing it with an alcohol sheet should be fine (my opinion) dont get it in the phone tho . 

CAN PINWORMS PASS THROUGH TISSUE?

No they cannot. They don’t have teeth and simply cannot just wiggle through tough muscle tissue.

Side note : I have pinworms myself and suffers major depression so I don’t wannabe rude but if you’re someone who cannot get rid of them please don’t say that in ur comment as I’ve but read gut wrenching horror stories online about these worms and thought about self harm. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

I just thought I'd come and say that I had pinworms for a little while, I thought I was just itchy for a couple of weeks then did some research and found a worm in my stool.

I looked up medication and bought some the following day. I took Ovex medication twice (once per week) and made sure to wash my hands before putting them anywhere near my mouth, showered in the morning and evenings and changed bed sheets frequently.

After 2 weeks I felt no more itching and haven't seen a worm since! It's been over a month now and haven't seen another nor have I been itchy.

I also read some horror stories and started worrying about them living elsewhere - but I think that a lot of this is psychosomatic. I got freaked out by having wiggly things somewhere so then I started feeling wiggling all over! I never saw any around my ear/nose/eyes which is where a lot of people think they also are (which as you said they can't be as there is nothing for them to eat there to stay alive).

I just wanted to give a bit of positivity to you and say that it isn't a life sentence you can get rid of them. Good luck and I hope you get rid of them soon!

• Posted

Thank you so much! I’ve been crying for hours , and I feel a bit more relieved by hearing you say those words. Thank you .

Also if it’s not too much to ask but can you update me if your treatment has fully worked? These worms usually show symptoms every few months.

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I hope you're well and hopefully have got rid of the threadworms.

Just wanted to send a message to say it's been over 3 months now since I took Ovex and I haven't had any itching or signs or worms since. As their lifespan is usually between 1-2 months I'm hoping this means they're gone for good! I hope you've also had luck with getting rid of them

• Posted

Hello

I’m so happy for you !! And I have some good news as well . Ever since I took Albendazole and another natural treatment I haven’t had any itching since. Maybe a pinch here and there but I also have a hemorroid and it’s summer , because I sweat ALOT down there. I took a blood test just to make sure and it showed that I have no worms . I’m so relieved . I still take precautions but it looks like both of us got rid of these suckers 😄

• Posted

I am 15 years old. I live with my father and step-mother who I have just recently moved in with so we are not that close. I found out I have pinworms.Is there any way I could treat them without my parents noticing? If not could you tell me how exactly i could tell them, like what phrases to use and stuff, thank you

• Posted

I am 15 years old. I live with my father and step-mother who I have just recently moved in with so we are not that close. I found out I have pinworms.Is there any way I could treat them without my parents noticing? If not could you tell me how exactly i could tell them, like what phrases to use and stuff, thank you

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.