ant in ear ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

ok so i’m not really sure if this is the right place to write about this but i don’t know where else so maybe somebody here knows anything about this and could help me ?? so a couple days ago , when i woke up i could feel a tickling at the side of my face near my ear and i thought it was probably just a piece of hair or something but when i got up and looked in the mirror i realized that there was a small carpenter/sugar ant on the hair near my ear and before i could grab the ant it quickly got off my hair and i couldn’t catch it on time cuz it ran into my ear whole !! i hear the ant moving around in my ear kinda like a rustling staticky crunching sound ?? i started screaming so my mom came running to me and i explained to her that an ant crawled into my ear !! she thought that i was going crazy and told me that’s not possible !! she looked at my ear and told me that she doesn’t see anything and i told her that’s bcuz the ant is inside the ear and i hear it walking inside my ear !! i started searching the internet of what to do when a bug gets into ur ear and the first thing i saw was to tilt ur head and shake it so i began to do that and i could slowly feel the ant walking out of my ear , my mom then saw it and grabbed it when it got to the side of my face just near my ear . she felt so bad that she thought i was just going crazy and started apologizing !! i’m relieved that it did somehow find its way back out and crawled out on its own and i didn’t have to go to the doctor to get it removed or something but the problem is that i’m just still kinda worried about it ?? like i’m worried that this could still turn into an infection or that the ant possibly could have left an egg or nest in there or something ?? i did still feel a slight poking in my ear even hours later and i did have a headache for three days . my mom told me that the headache is definitely just from stress and the poking in my ear could be just me overthinking it . my mom says that if it left my ear then that means this is over and there’s nothing to worry about anymore and that i should forget about it . i would just really want to know what anyone else thinks about this ?? is it possible that there could still be some remains of this ant left in my ear ?? is it possible that this ant could have moved something around in my ear or done damage to my eardrum while i heard it rustling around in there ?? i don’t know , i am a hypochondriac so maybe i am just over exaggerating and asking stupid questions but it would really help a lot if anyone else could tell me what they think about this . maybe you’ve been in a similar situation or know someone else that has been and how did they go about it ?? should i still be worried or just get over it and forget about it ?? should i clean it out just in case ?? so please just let me know if there’s anything else i should do about this or should i just really move on from this ?? i will appreciate any answers , please and thank you so much !!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Izzy! I'm glad to hear that it finally came out.

Well, I don't know exactly how long the ant was inside your ear, so I have no idea if it is possible that it laid eggs (which I don't think it did).

In any case, I think you should see an ENT doctor to make sure that everything is okay, and perhaps get your ear canal cleaned. That would help you especially knowing that you are a hypochondriac.

Otherwise, I would just give you one more piece of advice: don't try to clean your ear by yourself by inserting something.

• Posted

I think your Mum is absolutely right.You are over thinking the whole episode.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.