Anterior and posterior repair 1 year ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a anterior and posterior repair 1 year ago, everything was great, healed good and felt great, 2 weeks ago i got constipation and it really hurt to go to the toilet one time, since then i have not been constipated but have had aching pain in the repair area, im worried ive ruined the op, has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kas,

Try not to worry, you probably just over stained a little, rest as much as you can and up the pelvic floor exersises if not too sore to do.

I am now 3 years post op and have thought I had caused my repaid ti fail more than once; had the worst cough ever a few months ago and was horrendously sick was so painfull and could feel a fair sized bulge but you know what it all seemed to sort itself.

While it pulled back up after a good few weeks there was still a slight bulge but not as bad.

If you still feel worried make an appointment with your GP to get checked, even if just to put your mind at rest.

Phyl x

• Posted

Thank you 🙂 i have an app with gyno in a bit over a week so ill tell him too

• Posted

dont worry love.. just see your consultant ,he will give yiu a yes or no.

us women worry too much dont we.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.