Anterior and Posterior repair surgery!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had my prolapse surgery 4 days ago and have really uncomfortable bowel pain.  I can't sit down I have to sit to the side and I'm not constipated as taking laxatives to make sure I don't as this was my surgeons biggest worry for me.

Im hoping somebody can tell me this is quite normal and will pass? I'm aged 40 and had a total abdominal hysterectomy last year and feel I dealt with that better than I am this surgery.

I have been reading through lots of the threads and am very greatful to find so much info.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello emma again. Sorry for the distraction. I hope we've helped you. Please keep in touch because the ladies on this forum have either been through what you're going through at the moment or going through it now and everyone is so helpful and supportive. I think you've got the message about resting, so do nothing until you're 14 days post op x

• Posted

No problem Matron I'm sorry your having other health issues.  Lovely to see such a good supportive group x

• Posted

Hi Emma, yes!! It can b very uncomfortable to sit after this procedure but if it's to much u need to go and get checked.I couldn't sit down at all and it turned out to be a big hematoma!! Very unpleasant.It felt like every time I sat down I was sitting on something/pressure feeling and yes! I had to sit on my side too.No harm in going to get it checked out.I ended up going back to the hospital where I had it done and they checked me over, saw the hematoma was to big to settle on its own.(Most do) put me back under and had it drained.I'm now 8 weeks post and feeling much better. smile

• Posted

thank you i will make sure I get checked if it doesn't settle 😉

• Posted

emma what you describe is perfectly normal after all you only had surgery a few days ago. I'd be worried if you could sit down comfortably without pain! It's highly unlikely you will have a haematoma, please don't worry. Just keep resting.

• Posted

I am on 12th day since surgery for rectocele,enterocele and sacrospinous fixation
  • Posted

Struggling to do these replies befuddled with pain relief! I am on 12th day after rectocele,enterocele and sacrospinous fixation and feeling pretty awful.the doctor swapped my meds today as stool softener had not worked and I had a very painful time yesterday passing my first stool causing a hemorrhoid.like you I am more comfortable on my side and codeine causing constipation although I had been really good at drinking water and eating fruit hopefully tomorrow will be better for both of us.I now have Placido instead of lactulose
  • Posted

Hi Emma, I too had a&p repair and a few other things. I find that the most pain I have is the moments before a bowel movement. I think it is from swelling and everything moving in there. I am 3 weeks post op and still experience this pain. Keep resting, hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.