Anterior blepharitis cure... what worked for me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everybody, I have had anterior blepharitis on my one eye for nearly 5 years now and recently I decided I was sick of all the creams (steroid and other) and lid scrubs etc not being able to help me but only give me the equivelant of a plaster for the titanic sinking. So I had a hunch that it could be to do with an over-abundance of yeast in the body. So I tested it and voila it works. I say it works because if I go back to my old diet it slowly starts going back to the way it was. So yes technically incurable but if you stick to the following dietary tips you will be symptom free (not possible you say, well read on). Honestly if you're like me and was sick to death of trying anything and feeling helpless and like nothing ever works and just being miserable every time you catch a glimpse of your eyes in the mirror, take a photo of your eyes as they are and then follow this diet for 2 weeks you will be shocked at the difference:

1. no more chocolate or processed sugar based products(natural sugars from fruit are okay but no sweets or biscuits or anything of the sort). there is one caveat to this in point 2

2. limit your caffeine right down. Tea or coffee, only 3 times a day at the most and for tea drinkers, just dip that bag in briefly and take it out. There must be no "richness" in the flavour. Coffee drinker only the tip of a teaspoon with instant coffee (like literally 10 grains on it, basically you are having the weakest coffee ever). If you can cut out coffee or tea entirely, even better, but me I work in a busy environment so I have to have something for the energy.

and as stated for point 2's caveat on sugar, you can have the tip of teaspoon in sugar (slightly less than the coffee amount you would be adding to your drink).

3. No more flour based anything, not even gluten free anything. I find that a critical component to this is eating a lot of potato based meals, otherwise you're eating meats, veg and salad and you'll start to starve, potatoes are awesome for "filling the gap"

4. If you have to drink alcahol, then only the purer forms, either vodka or whiskey, and nothing else. Obviously you want to seriously ice/water down those drinks so you don't destroy your brain cells entirely smile.

... And that's it. If you can do exercise, that's awesome. I really don't enjoy it so I don't do it but I'm sure it will accelerate the healing process. If, like me, when you look into the mirror and get sent into a spiralling depression because of how you look and how people look at you even though you live a relatively healthy lifestyle and your symptoms are you of control, give this a try. 2 weeks out of your life might just change it. As nike's slogan says, just do it!!

God speed...

Simon

btw those with dry eye syndrome, I'd be very curious to know the affects of this diet on your symptoms as well.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi , so bread is out i guess ?

for years i would only have green tea that was only "brewed " for about 20 seconds and it had to be loose tea and not the bags which are far too strong . Someone told me to add a teaspoon of maple syrup if I wanted to but no more ( a mug not a tea cup ) . Come to think of it , during those years i wasn't having a problem . It was only when i had a new partner and she moved in , diet changed to her wishes , the green tea went out of the window and tea and black coffee have been the norm' for the last 3 yrs or so !

Obviously i need to "go back " to how things were now she's gone !

• Posted

Hi Simon, 

This is very interesting, I have been daignosed with severe Bleph and Dry Eye. I am looking at surgery for it mid this year, which I do not want to do. 

I will remove chocolate, lollies, sugar etc from my diet and also no flour based anything. Stupid question but what are the key things to remove here? Bread, pasta etc? 

I dont drink coffee, rarely have soft drink (once a month, maybe twice) but can remove that if it will make a difference, I dont drink alcohol, and I run generally 2 - 3 times a week so maybe I will try and increase my running to 5 days a week as well. 

Any other tips of foods to avoid? 

• Posted

Hi guys, just to confirm no bread or anything "bread like" ie bread, pizza, doughnuts etc. Pasta doesn't seem to be problematic but probably don't load up on it. The idea is you're eliminating all forms of yeast going in the body, and by eliminating sugar and caffeines you're stopping the replication of yeast in the body. You will probably experience die-off of the yeast in the body and get headaches and upset stomach 2 days in... so be drinking loads of water. This is the diet I followed to get rid of the symptoms... will it work for you? who knows, but 2 weeks out of one's life to possibly change it forever... that's a bet I'd take every time smile. GL!
    • Posted

Hi there, 

Thank you for this information, I will give it a go! I drink about 3 litres of water a day, I will up this if I get bad headaches. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.