Anterior posterior bladder prolapse repair

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had the above surgery 10 days ago. All went well and the most discomfort is the expected razor blades between the legs when sitting. Although I have not lifted heavy things and done much, I fear that dragging unwilling filthy toddler to bath and bending down and up often, could have done some damage. The horrible preposterous symptoms have gone. ARE there early signs to indicate I COULd have damage? I am 66.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

that was meant to be pre- op...   not preposterous 
  • Posted

Are you having any unusual pains? What makes you think you have damaged the repair?
  • Posted

Hello!! I'm 66 years old also, celebrating my one year from bladder prolapse surgery along with removal of uterus. I can say the success of my recovery was that I took it very easy for 12 weeks and even beyond that to this day, I'm

protective of my recovery. You must rest as much as you can. You are only 10 days from having major surgery, and you should not be lifting, bending, straining, but spending a lot of time resting with your feet up. If you feel fine, you probably having done any damage, but stop bending, and lifting and rest!! I know it's hard with a grandchild to take care of, but your recovery should be number one priority right now, so please take it easy on yourself.

• Posted

Thankyou for writing. Having read yours and other comments I canntell this was no "local".type surgery. Will behave better and hope no damage has been done. All the best to you and yours!

• Posted

HI I Had an a@p repair in May. I carried on like business as usual and as a result my prolapse came back 2.5 weeks after surgery. I'm having and dreading surgery again on 7th November. Please be careful you don't want to end up like I have! This time I'm going to rest and put my feet up xx

• Posted

Dear Caroline, I can fully understand how you can end up like this.... really no pulling pain to hold you back.... hope the next op goes well and you have a positive outcome. Read over what gnomebottom (interesting name) has written, Good luck.
  • Posted

Hello Edith, I too am a grandmother, and dragging filthy toddlers to the bath with all the attendant bending up and down is most definitely on the 'DO NOT DO' list.

Especially after only 10 days....

You will have a lot of internal stitches that need several weeks to heal.

You need to be SO careful not to put stress/strain on what the surgeon has repaired.

My two grandchildren have "Granny has a sore tummy"...as their mantra, and are treating me as gently as an unexploded bomb!

I'll leave others to explain the symptoms if you have done any damage.

Steady as you go there Edith x

• Posted

Hi Edith,

I can only say the same as everyone else, should not be doing anything for at least 2 weeks except resting other than short walk about round house/toilet and lifting nothing more than a mug of tea.

Then very slowly start little 5 min walks twice a day and light house work such as eye level dusting. Gradually build on that taking it very slowly , most important thing to listen to your body as it will soon tell you when you have overdone things. You still have to rest lots with feet up throughout the early weeks.

This is major surgery with wounds and stitches and stitches do not heal from 6-12 weeks. You have to remember that the pelvic floor bears the weight of all the pelvic organs so when on your feet or weight bearing you are causing down pressure on the wounds and stitches; and the surgery can take up to 12 weeks with deep tissues taking months to heal properly.

Please be careful and try and limit the times you have to lift toddlers if you can't avoid at all. Can't understand why the importance of this is not made clear before people leave the hospital or at least before arrangements for surgery are made so that we can make arrangements with family to avoid this situation.

Please take care, sometimes it's difficult to realize when we have just had anesthetic and on painkillers that are still in our system and we think we are much better than we actually are.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

thank u for support and interest. I will ask  doc to explain where repair internally IS and how systems work together so i "get it". On very slow frustrating ipa d...hence errors.. sorry.

• Posted

Hi Edith I'm 48 and I had this surgery 8 weeks ago and I still keep getting that feeling on and off I'm thinking its normal but I would get checked I had 2 water infections so far . And I still feel like nipping inside my stitches have still not dissolved . Hope you feel better soon but I think it's all part of the healing xx

• Posted

Thank you. I think if the doctor told me everything...what was done exactly, how the body works and heals and how damage could be done, I would be OK. My boy is not giving away signs of discomfort at all so have  to watch myself. Also will organise to see doc for chat.all the best with your healing too.xxx
  • Posted

I am due to have posterior repair in December and also have a lively six year old to care for so i hope this is all the pain I will get too. You sound well on the way to recovery so take care and carry on resting! Were the horrible symptoms before the op? The problems I have with BM's will go away hopefully and I can get back to normal. I am 68 and have parental responsibility for my gorgeous grandson so need to be 100% fit!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.