Anterior/posterior repair tomorrow

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. So I've just been to see my surgeon to sign my consent form for tomorro and she's saying if all goes ok I may be allowed home tomorrow night which had made me feel abit better about it all. Is the normal In most cases as I was always thought I would have to stay in? Xx

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 13 days post op today. I was first up on the morning of my op and I still ended up staying 2 nights.

They had some issues with my blood pressure which meant I was in recovery 2 hours and then my blood pressure was low for the whole of the next day. 

I also had quite a lot of pain killers over nighton the first night (think this might just be me though!) and my pack wasn't taken out until lunchtime the day after the op. I then had one reasonably comfortable night in hospital before going home.

You will have to take it as you find it but don't be surprised if you do end up staying in and if you do it is because hospital is the best place for you at that point.

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

• Posted

I had a lot of pain relief my first night Claire in fact I couldn't have coped with the pain if I'd been sent home. I had a rectocele and cystocele repair and was in hospital for 2 nights
  • Posted

I had a & p and SSF and was in 3 nights... They took pack out after 24 hours and catheter had to stay in longer 48 hours for me.  I felt I needed that but was glad to go home even though I was still wobbly, low blood pressure and blood count x 
  • Posted

Hi everyone well here I am writing from my hospital bed 😊 All done now time to relax. I am so sore though any tips on sleeping only getting 10mins at a time? I'm doing well though just sore. Their all so lovely here too which helps.

Wishing everyone else speedy recoveries and Thankyou so much for everyone's advic xxxx

• Posted

Hi hunni

So glad your op went well and you got to stay in he hospital , I had an anterior repair done in Wednesday and stayed in overnight , came home yesterday morning .. Couldn't imagine coming home the same day !! As I'm really early stages aswell all I can say is say pain meds regularly , and relax , I couldn't sleep much in the hospital either , was far too hot and had to have the window open and fan on me all night ( which isn't like me at all am usually freezing lol) ! Take it easy and keep us updated xx

• Posted

Hiya Hun. How are you feeling? The nurse is now saying I could possibly be in until tomorro just got to wait and see the doctor. Just had my pack removed now waiting for my catheter to be done. Hope your recovery goes really well😘 Back to sleep for me I think xxx
    • Posted

Suxh a relief when the pack comes out isn't it ? So much better when cathetar and everything is out and you feel free once again lol .. I'm feeling ok at the minute , although I do feel everytime I sit up in bed or get out of it I need to go wee urgently ? Blood loss is minimal so that's good . Have they said why you may be in another night? What op was it you had done again? Maybe coz you live so far from the hospital ? X
    • Posted

Such a relief lol couldn't believe how much there was lol . Their coming to do my catheter in a sec she's just popped her head in the door lol. I can only lie Down atm dreading sitting up 🙈 I had anterior posterior op and coil removal as my coil decided to disappear lol. The nurse has just said I wee a certain amount before I can go my pain has to be controlled and my mobility ok before I'm allowed home. So glad your doing ok and bleeding is minimal Hun xxx
  • Posted

Good to hear from you and pleased you got to stay in.

Now that the pack is out the immediate pain / discomfort should ease. You will obviously still feel sore but getting rid of the pack and the catheter will make you feel more human again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.