Anterior prolapse repair. Post op advice please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. Glad to have just found this forum. I'm 11 days post op from anterior prolapse repair which was thought to have gone very well. I've had no pain or bleeding and felt generally very well but just tired and achey down there. However I've noticed that the prolapse seems to be hanging lower than ever and I'm worried that the op has failed already. 

Ive not been doing anything strenuous but doing light bits and pieces such as making a cup of tea, picking bits of laundry up, putting light items in the trolley at the supermarket (not pushing trolley) & Walking kids short distance to school.

My questions are- if the surgery has failed at this early stage can you go back in and have it re done quite quickly? And how much is too much activity at this stage? Have I over done it? I didn't think I had but found there is little information about what exactly you can and cannot do. 

Would love to hear from others who've had similar experiences. 

Many thanks 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lindsay

When u say the prolapse is hanging lower wot exactly do u mean? Do u mean u had a bulge before and it's still there? Others have commented on vaginal bulge being normal post repair. I had my 6 week post op check a few days ago and I still have a bulge but the doctor said I still had quite a lot of swelling and the repair looked great. Ur still going to be super swollen after only 11 days. I still can't sit properly 6 weeks later! Stop worrying and give urself a chance to heal 😉🧡

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I hope it’s just swelling then. I had a bulge which didn’t quite protrude outside my vagina before the op but now it protrudes out significantly more. I have no idea really what to expect. I suppose I am worrying because I have felt ok and been active- because I have 2 young kids to look after but scared I’ve done too much and it’s failed. 
    • Posted

I think you definitely need to wait and heal before getting 2 concerned 😉

• Posted

You are defiantly doing to much to soon.

You should be resting up to 6 wks as these are the critical times for repairs to fail if you are doing to much.

I am 5 mths post tvh and anterior and still wont lift laundry baskets and wAshing.x

• Posted

You will have swelling for weeks yet too.x
  • Posted

One way to think about it is.. are you having any symptoms you had before your op?
  • Posted

Hi, I would definitely say you are doing too much. I know it's hard but you really need to rest more. You will still be swollen from surgery. Please take it easy, it's the only thing to do. Wishing you well.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I’m trying my best now to do as little as possible. I’ve got a consultant appointment in 2 days so will see what she says. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.