Anterior rectal mucosa descent

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a suture rectopexy with resection of sigmoid colon in july this year however the problem has always been in my rectum. I have now been diagnosed with anterior rectal mucosa descent it causes great pain and distress emptying bowels stool trying to get around the internal bulge, irrigation and glycerine supossitories cause more irritation. Has anybody had a successful repair of descending mucosa ive read delorme is one possible procedure..HELP please feeling so lost i also have perineium descent

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i got exact same and also a rectocele , they won't give me surgery either, the surgeon has told me to deal with it.

i'm on qufora irrigation at the moment which helps me go but its still not fast enough for me and hasnt stopped the leaks

• Posted

hi Karen

would like to ask what your initial symptoms of rectal mucosa decent were, what are they now? I have a feeling that i am dealing with the same thing. I have anal pressure and pain when i sit, have to pass gas and before and after bms. Constant pain. I have tried glycerin suppositories and one other for hemrrhoids and both burned really bad. Any advice would help me very much.

• Posted

hi! i know this is an old post but can you please help me with the anterior rectal mucosa descent, can you let me know what your symptoms were and what it looked like please??

i'm so stressy!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.