Anterior Repair

Posted , 9 users are following.

How soon has anyone started driving after having their operation? I am now 4 weeks post op. No pain, so wondered if I can now drive again. My car is automatic.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I was told not to drive for 6 weeks I think it's to do with the muscles you use, also you might not be insured if anything can happen

• Posted

I rang my insurance 2 week post op they said as long as I was well enough in myself and was able to perform an emergency stop I could drive
  • Posted

Hi

I was told I could drive when I felt I could do an emergency stop easily. It was about 6 weeks after my operation, but I do have a manual car. 

• Posted

Hi Elaine,

I was told around 6 weeks post op, but only if insurance prepared to cover you and I'm sure Matron always use to say 'can you stamp your feet without any pain. Your repair would need to be able to withstand an emergency stop if needed!

Phyl x?

• Posted

I was told 2 weeks in the US as long as I wasn't taken pain meds. I just didn't drive that much until 4 weeks. Then it were short trips. I didn't have pain either.

• Posted

Thank you for all your replies. Lots of different opinions and answers. I will give it a try tomorrow, just around the block then just short journeys.
  • Posted

I drove in week 3, just short trips, doc said that was fine I'm in the U.S

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.