Anterior repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 4 weeks post op today from an anterior repair surgery.I had a pretty bad cystecole and also have IC.I was anticipating my bladder getting pretty angry from the surgery because it's very hyper sensitive to pretty much everything,but I was not expecting to feel so much pain and pressure from the actual surgery.At my 3 week follow up I was told that there was still a lot of swelling and that I should not be doing anything! To not be on my feet for more than an hour at a time.Would love to hear from others about their recovery

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I haven’t had surgery yet. I have a prolapsed bladder and I was told I may have IC by the urologist I seen. I’m going for a second opinion. How can you tell if your symptoms are from the Cystocele or IC when symptoms from both are similar? I also have a prolapsed uterus and a Rectocele. I’m waiting to see a urogynecologist . 
  • Posted

I have just had me pre op before my operation which will be in a few weeks. I am getting nervous now. I have 3 children , the older two are teenagers but we have just had a surprise baby girl who is only 16 months. 

Very worried about how going to get on post op! 

• Posted

Will you have plenty help Vicky? It will be tricky for you as your little one won’t understand very easily. Hopefully your teens will be helpful, but I guess they will be at school daytime. I had surprise daughter when my other two were older too, but they are all grown up and flown the nest now. Feel for you. 🙏

• Posted

Hi, I’m having posterior and anterior repair on 22nd Jan. I hadn’t realised the extent of recovery until reading these forums, apprehensive now!! Sorry to hear the pain you are in Angel. Have you been given anti inflammatories? I usually don’t take painkillers unless in agony, but it looks as though they will be required for a long time after op. 

Some good advice on these forums re toilet going, etc. though. 

• Posted

Yes I will have help , but I think sometimes you just do more than you should. Will be hard to sit and do nothing.  Hope you all have speedy recoveries x
  • Posted

Hi Angel. I’m 9 weeks post op tomorrow and whilst I am up and about doing little bits here and there I have to rest in between . Today I was out for 2.5 hrs shopping and a passenger in the car and now feel pretty uncomfortable.

Listen to your body. Rest as much as possible and don’t get constipated.

We will all get there but it’s a slow old road. One minute I think I’m doing well then I feel really frustrated and fed up.

I get very tired too.

Just keeping up with admin for our business is a challenge. Good luck. Let us know how you get on

• Posted

Four weeks. It’s still early and yes you will have pain and lots of pressure from the surgery. I am 16 weeks postop and still have pressure from my surgery. It is the slowing healing process I have ever experienced. I wasn’t prepared for this at all.  Remember the majority of your bodyweight is sitting on top of your surgery. If you had a broken leg, you would be able to put it up in the air and get the weight off of it. The same goes for your surgery. You need to lay down and get the weight off of it to let it rest. Otherwise you have the issue of so much pressure and pain. Give it some time. The six weeks they normally recommend must be a joke. I don’t know anybody that recovers fully at six weeks. After what I read on these forums it takes months and sometimes a year for it to fully heal.   Yes you’ll still have a lot of swelling at this point. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.