Anterior vaginal wall repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

New to this site and 1st time posting after reading other questions.

I had the above surgery on the 28th September so 11 dpo. I had a pack in for 24 hours and then a catheter for a further 24 hours and then sent home 3 days after op.

I had some bleeding at 1st but this almost went away after 7 dpo. Now suddenly for the past 2 days the bleeding has got redder and more frequent to the stage I am changing pads frequently and can hear drips when I go to the toilet (sorry tmi). The pain is getting worse and earlier had palpitations (my normal resting hr =77 but was upto 93)

I've tried to look at the repair with a mirror and it seems low and I can see a lot of stitches.

Anybody else suffered with this?

I know it's not period blood as I had an emergency hysterectomy when I delivered my twins last year. Trying to rest as much as possible but not got any help some days and I have 3 children 2 and under.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm with Dorothy. Bright red bleeding at this stage should be seen. Could be a haematoma. Often they just drain out (hence the bleeding) but sometimes need drained. I went to my GP who phoned the ward and had me seen straightaway. Anxiety about it won't be helping your blood pressure, so see someone as soon as you can make arrangements for the children for a few hours. I hope all is well and please post how it goes. 

• Posted

After a lot of phone calls this morning I eventually saw my gyne/surgeon this afternoon. I had an examination and he found that the wound had opened up as the stitches had come away too soon. I have an infection and the bleeding caused by the operation open wound.

I'm now on antibiotics for 7 days and then got to go back and see him a week on Friday to discuss the next course of action. It is more than likely I will need to go back to theatre to be stitched up again but they cannot so anything until the infection gone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.