Try having every day a tea consisting of : 1) Nettle 2) Celery Seed

3)Rosemary 4)Oregano 5)Turmeric 6) Baking Soda

All of these ingredients help to turn back the clock on Gout. I am

living proof. Remember to steep for a full 10 minutes ant then strain

out solid ingredients.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, wildlife, are all these dry herbs? How is the taste? Baking soda? How much please? I'm currently drinkingcherry juice which is way too sweet for me, yet, to some degree it helps but drinking that much sugar doesn't still well with me. I read about celery seed I think I'm allergic to nettle but I'll try it in this combination. How long did take before you started seeing results?

Th

• Posted

Nettle tea bags you will probably have to get at a Health Food store and it is the leaves from a plant.

Celery seed I bought at Safeway beside the spice section. Rosemary,

Oregano,and Turmeric can all be found in that section too.

Best way is to break open the Nettle

Tea bag and put in a mug then add about four shakes of Rosemary,Oregano,and Turmeric.Pour boiling water into cup.

Steep for 10 minutes covered. After

steeping add 1 teaspoon of baking soda. It's a bit like Buckley's - it tastes aweful but it works!

Cherry is also very good. You can get

Cherry extract gel caps at some health food stores. You might want to

try them though they are a bit pricey.

I have only had one onset flare up

Since I started the above I have not had a second flare up.

• Posted

p.s. Should have mentioned strain the mixture after the ten minutes then add the baking soda. Also many Gout

Sufferers recommend adding 1/2 tsp

of baking soda to the water they drink during the day.

• Posted

Wild, I get sick when I drink baking soda with water. Think I'll opt for the cherry pills and eat celery seeds.

Thanks.

• Posted

Sure however if you try eating celery seed you will find it is probably the

most bitter thing you have ever eaten!

• Posted

You may be drinking the wrong kind of juice. " Just Tart Cherry " is the brand I found. No sugar added but there is 25 grams/ serving in it naturally. Basically you need to cut the sugar as much as possible in your diet. I've cut way back on beef, shellfish, processed foods, sodas and anything with sugar or HFCS. I try to walk for an hour / day 6 days a week. Lost 22 lbs. and gout free for 2 years so far. I do take a tart cherry-Tumric capsule and celery seed tablets 2/day. The other thing is I try to eat 3 fruits/day and 5 veg/day fresh when possible or like brocolli aldente. Cut out the chips and cheese twists switched to Multigrain Tortillas chips. They are made with flax seeds , sesame seeds,sunflower seeds, Quinoa, corn, and Brown rice. Not a lot of salt but not bad. They contain NO trans fats, cholesterol, preservatives, hydrogenated fats, and gluten free.

Good Luck on staying pain free I remember how bad mine was.

• Posted

Hi Timothy, yes, that's the one I'm drinking. 25 grams/serving is a lot of sugar. One issue with me is that I've had gout since I was 14, and now I'm in my 50's.  I don't drink soda, I eat very little beef, limited amounts of processed foods, and an occasional drink at Costco probably has HFCS in it like once every 2-3 months.  I'm not fat, I loss about 30 lbs, but yes, riding on the elliptical helps, rather than just walking. Eating lots of food is not a big on my agenda. I eat salads, nuts and fresh fruits. But wow you eat a lot! Nope, I eat one apple and it keeps me full for a good 4 - 6 hours. I'll try the pills and see how they work. I prefer to just take a pill to combat this when it acts up.

I'm a healthy eater and I'm very much aware of trans fats, oils, etc., since I'm allergic to many oils and foods. I, also buy and eat mostly organic foods when I'm home  and drink lots of water to keep my uric acid low. Unfortunately I cannot eat my favorite food anymore, because it is a high purine food, and I try to stay away from wheat because it also raises my purine levels. 

Take care and God Bless.

• Posted

**Not purine levels I meant to say uric acid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.