Anti tnf reaction / envriomental reaction advice?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey all i hope everyone is well. 

so today and two weeks ago on a monday i was in a shopping centre and my ahnds swelt up and became puffy and sore. I only noticed it was a reoccurant symptom today. Thursday is my injection day so technically in my head the fact that it happened on different days make me feel its more the shopping centre cleaning products or air system. 

Iv reacted to humera and cimzia (both the same/ similar drug formual and same amoutn of human tissue basis) and iv been fine now for over a year on benapali 

previously my reaction with humeria was gradual build up little things little rashes, random times progressively worse until it became red lumps

cimzia was different i got a few rashes i thought was allergy to toilet roll (yes i know weird to even think about it but it hurt and burnt like hell and puffed up huge lol)  this happened randomly for 2 months then i got the red splodgy raised lumps on my thighs and a red mark on my face day before my appointment with rhumatologist. 

this time i have itchy hands, itchy red cheeks, itchy swollen ears... (weird) my lips were burning earlie, eyes were itchy, sore joints, my spine "itches" and my tongue slightly tingles.   

Im trying to self manage this as i do have 180mg antihistamines if need be or ill go get seen 

my question is has anyone else had a reaction like this that wasnt acutally the anti tnf?  and if  it was the anti tnf did you end up using antihistamines say the day before injection or use methatroxate or simlar to blitz the immune system further to prevent reaction? i came off methatroxate after a hip replacement as i felt i didnt need it.  im running out of anti tnf options so i need to try and do something to prolong the use of this one. 

any help suggestions or previous experience welcome. 

p.s yes if it gets worse i will go get looked at, and i will consult with my gp if i think its drug realted. :-) 

xxx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.