Skip to content
Ad

Autoimmune Disorders

Also known as Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Behcet's Disease, Dermatomyositis, Goodpasture's Syndrome, Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome, Retroperitoneal Fibrosis, Sclerodoma/Systemic Sclerosis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • looking for a diagnosis

Hi all I have spent the last 5 years in chronic pain in my feet, knees and legs, my hips have also just started to hurt, The pain gets so bad I want to vomit. Other symtoms I have are extreme tiredness, skin rashes especially when I go out in the sun with bad itching at night , I have scars from this...

Last reply
  • Treatment

Hi all, I am wondering what treatment would be used to treat Vasculitis as I've read that chemotherapy is used is this true?

Last reply
  • Autoimmune Hepatitis

Hi,  In 2012 my grandmother died at the age of 77 of autoimmune hepatitis. She was a drinker, so the doctors assumed that her liver issues were due to that and found that she had hepatitis too late. My dad said that it can be hereditary, so I was wondering if I should get tested and if so what type...

Last reply
  • Undiagnosed and having autoimmune symptoms

Can anybody on here help me? I have seen quite a few doctors with no success. I have had been told I have high b 12 and  in the process of correcting mild vitamin d deficiency. I have blurry vision, low grade fever, ringing in my ear, numbness, tingling, headache and tremors. I also have anxiety,...

Last reply
  • Autoimmune confusion

Hey all, I've kind of been lurking for a while and posting here and there in other groups! I've been sick for going on seven months now and my symptoms are so debilitating that I've cut my hours in half at work, and some days I can't get out of bed after sleeping 12 hours. I have a myriad...

Last reply
  • cant take this stomach to joint pains

So sińce forever ago i have been having many symptoms which no one has the answers to i indeed beleive i have Ań auto immune disorder. My symptoms are Severe Raynauds phonomenon, migraines, blurry vision, IBS symptoms, growing type pains in my legs and wrists also Get knee pains one knee is crocked...

Last reply
  • Scared autoimmune or cancer I am 30 years old

Please help. This is my story. For the past 6 months had following symptoms : Itchiness all over body.sometimess rash. On and off pain in neck cervical. Rash in cervical neck area. Small lymphs in mandibular area .*did ultrasound all was benign aspect. A .'flare' a week ago with generalized bone...

Posted
  • Eosinophilia Myalgia Syndrome

Recently, I was diagnosed with Eosinophilia Myalgia Syndrome. I am 24 years old. I am under the impression that this is a rare autoimmune disease and wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing what I experience. Currently I am symptom free but am extremely hesitant to restart my once very active lifestyle....

Posted
  • Autoimmune? Any advice, please!!

I have had a couple year struggle of several different medical issues, and I'm wondering if the reason I have had no resolution for any of them is if they may all be linked? My individual issues have been as follows: Severe joint pain - I have surgery on my shoulder (assumed to be a sports injury),...

Last reply
  • Test result meaning

I had to have some blood work and my results are High Homogeneous pattern High Speckled pattern High Abs Lymphocyte and High CRPHS results. What does this mean?? My doctor said he thinks it’s autoimmune but is t sure which one. Please help...

Last reply
  • Mom and I have same symptoms, what could this be?

My mom and I have had the same symptoms for YEARS. We think we have some kind of genetic autoimmune disorder. Me: 26, female, BMI: 19 Mom: 60, BMI: Not sure but definitely low, around 18-19. My mom and I are active and of normal weight. We eat well.  Neither of us drink or smoke. No family history...

Posted
  • Rituximab for autoimmune hemolytic anemia

My dad is starting a four week course of Rituximab for autoimmune hemolytic anemia next week. Just looking for anyone else who has the condition and who had Rituximab to treat it . Looking to find out what the side effects were like and if the treatment worked ! This is a last resort for my dad because...

Posted
  • IBS OR SOME OTHER INFECTION OR AUTOIMMUNE DISORDER?

I have been dealing with these symptoms for the past 1 year and I was under the impression that its IBS but now I think it is not. My wife is having the same symptoms after one month of our marriage. She has moved to US from a different country. Never had any history of IBS or any of these symptoms....

Last reply
  • Seeking advice

I’m in the process of getting diagnosed. I’m tired of being shuffled from doctor to doctor. It feels like I’m not living my life anymore.  It’s just a struggle to get through the day. That’s all I focus on is making it through this day. Has anyone had any success with anything to feel better and...

Last reply
  • Lupus and Scleroderma ?

I was diagnosed 2 months ago with discoid lupus. Since then I have been taking Plaquinol and Prednisolone. Joint pain has almost disappeared. But my muscles are always stiff and what is worrying me most is raynauds im my hands anf the thickning of my skin ( hands, wrists and low arms). I also have many...

Last reply
  • ANA comp test

Has anyone had one where at the bottom there is a ‘Comments’ Section with three Columns; Autoantibody, Condition and Frequency.  Then it lists the part of the test (ex.; SM Anti Smith’s) and then gives which Condition is associated (I think) and under Frequency is gives percentages.   My question...

Posted
  • Possible new TMD symptom

Good Morning, There is something new almost every week. I had been expierencing some change since my Manometry last week. More throat and nasal dryness than the prior weeks. I don't know if its allergies or if i am super sensitive to the medications given to me during the procedure. I have...

Last reply
  • Is Plaquenil a immunosuppressant drug ?

HI everyone , I was diagnosed with cutaneous lupus 8 years ago . Had symtoms of malar rash, joint pain especially in hands, fatigue , dry eyes and dry skin .  Had a biopsy of skin and confirmed cutaneous lupus. My SSA was high and ANA positive . I was put on Plaquenil and for the past 8 years...

Last reply
  • firdapse

has anybody used firdapse for lambert eaton myasthenic syndrome?has it helped?what are the side effects?

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed

Hi. Am so pleased to have found this sight. I have just been diagnosed with limited scleroderma and at a loss as to what this condition is all about. I have severe raynauds,fingers and toes with tight skin, have the antibody centromere and have recently had carpel tunnel op on both wrists and fusion...

Last reply
  • I'm in the hospital with a rare disease help me

Okay so I used to be an opiate user about 7 years ago I haven't touched any narcotics in that long but I did however find a dietary supplement that made it feel like I was on opiates and it helped my pain gave me energy and it really works it's called kratom I've been taking it for a year-and-a-half...

Last reply
  • Smooth muscle antibodies.

One of my GP's requested a test for pernicious anemia which came back negative but it has thrown up the fact I have tested positive for smooth muscle antibodies at a titre of 1:160. Three separate blood tests have confirmed this. My liver function tests are normal with just serum albumin coming in...

Last reply
  • Mystery condition Nerves? Autoimmune?

Hi Everyone I'm pretty desperate so I’m looking for anyone who can identify with or help get to the bottom of what is happening to me. Be prepared it's a long complicated story. I realise that a lot of these symptoms can be attributed to depression or anxiety but after 8 months of Psychotherapy,...

Last reply
  • Is this Lupus?!?!

Hi, I have been diagnosed as having Sjogrens as well as unspecified other autoimmune disease(s) I have all symptoms of Lupus, my doctor keeps checking my blood for Lupus (so far negative) but he does feel I may develop it in the near future. I wrote into another forum (and a doc emailed me back) I wanted...

Last reply
  • Husband distancing himself from me, what can I do?

I'm not officially diagnosed yet, but with all my symptoms it's looking like I have Lupus. I'm getting worse all the time and am praying for a cancellation so I don't have to wait 2 1/2 months to see my doctor. In the meantime I feel like my husband is distancing himself from me. I don't...

Last reply
  • Am I positive. Unsure of test result. Haven't heard from Dr yet

I am a 47 year old female who has had upper abdominal pain only by standing walking and physical activity. Also I never feel well. Chronically tired all muscles hurt, weakness and head fog. I've had many test even exploritor surgery which only showed multipal begin lymph nodes to my mesentery. ...

Posted
  • Behcet's syndrome or genital herpes?

Hi,  I've had quite an experience in the past week. Let me start off by saying please don't just automatically assume I must have herpes before hearing my whole story (as basically everyone has tried to do).  I'm a 22 y/o female. For the past 3 or 4 years, I have suffered pretty...

Last reply
  • Dapsone

Hello everyone. I have been on 50mg of Dapsone a day since January. I seem to be getting increasing pins and needles, ringing in the ears, palpitations and breathlessness. I have regular blood tests for liver function which are showing no problems so I am not sure Dapsone is the cause of my symptoms....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.