Skip to content

Autoimmune Disorders

New discussion Join group Also known as Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Behcet's Disease, Dermatomyositis, Goodpasture's Syndrome, Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome, Retroperitoneal Fibrosis, Sclerodoma/Systemic Sclerosis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • remygirl 3

I have no idea what this is

In Oct 2016 my life changed I went into the e.r with pain in my pelvic area to where I couldn't stand up straight. They said it was a ruptured cyst the next day I began to uncontrollably vomit and was extremely nauseated for months. I started having panic attacks, anxiety. No medicine worked. I

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • greengirl58 1

Dermatomyositis

An autoimmune condition that affects the connective tissue, of your skin and muscles. A flareup may start with a rash, mine did, on the right side of my neck, which then spread to my face. Fortunately for me, I was lucky it was diagnosed within two weeks of the rash appearing or it could have gone

80 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • wendy86370 2
  • Guest M

Does ANYBODY know about Retroperitoneal Fibrosis

Hello, my name is Christine and i live in the UK, I started getting back pains in March 2010 and attributed it to my job. In May 2010 i went to my GP and was signed off work as \"sick\", and prescried painkillers, which do not always work. My GP sent me to see a Rhumatologist who gave me

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • bjwilli1 1

Morphea - affects blood cells

I was diagnosed almost 20 years ago with Morphea; traveling all over the US to see doctors that knew at least something about this disease. It is often referenced as "localized scleroderma; but in most cases Morphea does NOT vade. Being a heredity disease; Morphea in most cases affects your blood cells,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Babazaga 2

GCA only

I have GCA, but not PMR.  I am curious if there are other forum members who also have GCA exclusively and what their experience with the disease as been.  I've had various side effects from using Prednisone and while I've checked the Pred side effects, I sometimes wonder if the effects are due to

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • LuluRose 1

Really need some help!!

Hey everyone! Looking for advice on what I think after a very long road is an autoimmune disease. Just over 2 years ago I stopped smoking and the day after my body basically just fell apart! I have had constant infections, (form UTI to inner ear) constant border line low iron and b12 results very

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Hayhue 5

Mystery autoimmune illness but which one??

Hey all, I know no one is a doctor but I'm just looking to see if anyone has symptoms such as mine or if they can relate. I'd really like any direction that points to a diagnosis and/or possible relief that I can ask my doctor. I'll try to keep it summarized with my symptoms first then what tests I'

57 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • adauer2 2

I've been sick for 8 months and we aren't close to a diagnosis

On July 21, 2016 I became sick with not having an appetite and then I had my gallbladder removed on August 10, 2016. I then ended up in the hospital because I couldn't eat at all. I was then diagnosed with Gastroparesis and Eosinophilic Gasritis. I started Prednisone and everytime I got off of it I

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

Support Group for Lambert-Eaton Syndrome

Hell-o Lambert-Eaton friend, So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My husband was diagnosed with LEMS in 1998 and had severe symptoms since 1995. They manifested themselves, like you, with severe mother's mental health collapsed and then she died. He did not have the lung cancer

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sdi6991 1

Definite Autoimmune disorder, but not sure which?

Hi everyone, I was referred to a rheumatologist with suspected RA. Positive ANA but negative rheumatoid factor in my bloods. Following the consultation and an ultrasound of my hands and feet (no signs of inflammation) my consultant has said a diagnosis of RA would be a stretch and is therefore

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Tumtum1963 4

Hardened skin, loss of sensation and pitting on finger tips?

Although previously diagnosed with RA my diagnosis changed last year to one of primary Sjogren's. However my ANA is nucleolar and my ENA panel was negative so I was diagnosed by a very positive lip biopsy and symptoms last year.  My fingertips have been tingling and itching for about six months. I

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Aphra 2

Alone & Afraid, Please Help

I'm 39, married & have 2 boys(3&9). I was in Remission 1 mo ago. Tackling home repairs, lawn work, & even planted my 1st Organic Garden. 3 days later- acute extreme fatigue, SOB, chest pain, dizziness/faint, heart Palpations, cold sweats, flushing, dry cough, nausea & bile vomiting. Bedrest for

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • glamour 2
  • pknaturgrl 2

Autoimmune disease questions

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with an unkown autoimmune disease by having ANA antibodies in my blood. My joints are eroding/disappearing and bones splintering. I do not have the rheumatoid factor or lupus factor, so they don't know what it is exactly. I do have hashimoto's thyroiditis. I have

• di3103 2
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome

I am really pleased to hear you are in remission and wish you all the best. I have been using 3,4DAP for about 5 years now and I find it really helps. I was taking 10mg every 4 hours for the first 2 years but now I take 10mg every 2hours. I think this is alot and I sometimes feel like if you

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • deanat78 2
  • archwaygal 1

lambert eaton and 3,4 DAP

my husband has LEMS, he was diagnosed about 8 years ago when we lived in florida. treatments in the past have been prednisone, imuran, plasma pheresis, ivig, solumedrol iv, and now 3,4 DAP. our urologist referred us to a trial in indianapolis, indiana. we arrived here a week ago today (2/24/09)

• melisande 1
  • nikki09956 2
  • Smarie21 2

Celiac Disease- Gluten Withdrawal?

I was diagnosed with celiacs disease in October 2016. I went gluten free for about a month after that, and then I started eating it regularly for about 3 months. The last time that I've had gluten was January 25,2017, so it's been about 3 weeks. I've noticed that I've been dealing more with anxiety/depression,...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • jade00610 2

ANA/Anti DNA

Hello Does anyone know if it says the following on the pathology request form does it mean the Dr has requested Anti DNA aswell or just if ANA is positive?        ANA (HEp-2) (Anti DNA) Screen Thanks

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • chris36300 2

Possible autoimmune disease?

I'm 30 yr male, For the past yeah I've had joint pain in multiple joints, specificaly the legs and one finger A long with some other symtpoms, fatigue, little rash on cheeks, though I don't know if that's connected. Finally went to the doctor for blood test. My ana test was positve with a titer of 1:80,...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • carlyone 2

IgG4 disease

Hi all, I was recently hospitalized with pancreatitis.  My IgG4 blood tests are above the normal standards. I have several other health problems which seem to be caused by my immune system. Question:  are there any specific doctors or clinics that just deal with autoimmune issues, and know that

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • logan5566 2

Undiagnosed autoimmune disease please help!!!!

Hello I am praying to the Lord constantly in hopes of someone being able to relate and help me. I have extreme shoulder pain which is spreading rapidly to my other shoulder neck and lower back. My feet are always freezing cold. I have shortness of breath sometimes. I do have an autoimmune

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Nonameslob 2

Autoimmune confusion

Hey all, I've kind of been lurking for a while and posting here and there in other groups! I've been sick for going on seven months now and my symptoms are so debilitating that I've cut my hours in half at work, and some days I can't get out of bed after sleeping 12 hours. I have a myriad of crazy

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kelly71200 1
  • Wanonymous 2
  • chelsea74738 2

what could this be?

for about 10 years now (currently 24) i've had these random weird pains all throughout my body. it's usually not a daily thing and i can sometimes go like a month or two pain free. but when i say random.. i mean random. it could be in my shoulder/arm one day and my big toe on the other side of my

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • matt97118 1

Stills disease...

I will try to make this short but I'm trying to understand. I got sick the second week of December with a fever of around 102.8 and then proceeded to have fevers between 101-103 for the next 5.5 weeks. I saw over 8 different doctors (including 2 infectious disease doctors) was admitted twice, once

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • catharine69497 2
  • logan5566 2

Extreme shoulder pain freezing cold feet sore muscles and hip!

I pray someone will help me. I have a positive ana. My double strand dna antibody test came back borderline whatever that means. I have excruciating pain in what was only my right shoulder for 5 years but just over the past month has spread to the left one too. I can feel soreness in my neck

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Jaydroid 2

Burning joints/pain in knees, back and neck? Any ideas?

Hi guys, 28m here. I had a CT scan in September for a stomach issue. The scan showed that I had some loading on the right side of my intestine but also showed that, without me knowing, my lower vertibrate is fused to my pelvis. I wasn't worried about it at all when it came up in the scan, it just

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions