Skip to content

Autoimmune Disorders

Also known as Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Behcet's Disease, Dermatomyositis, Goodpasture's Syndrome, Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome, Retroperitoneal Fibrosis, Sclerodoma/Systemic Sclerosis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 6 weeks of discoloration in my daughters leg

Hi,  we are currently waiting for referrals and insurance to go to a rheumatologist, which a hematologist suggested.  My daughter is 16 and has this bluish purple discoloration show up on her right thigh 6 weeks ago.  It doesn’t stay for more 6-8hrs, it simply fades away, no color …

Last reply
  • I've lived with this for four years and I can't anymore..

Hello, I've been living with this for 4 years I don't know what's that ( I am 24 now). I used many treatment without any results. It does'nt hurt doesn't itch. it is just aesthetically unsightly. I don't know what to do to deal with it since doctors I've been to so far …

Last reply
  • Don’t know if it’s Auto immune??

My brother is 21 years old now, past 4 years started suffering from pain and discomfort on the right side of his shoulder and collar bone area, scapula juts out. Neck stiffness. Now has numbness, muscular stiffness and extreme leg cramps. Feels like eyes muscles have weakened which is leading to …

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with IgG4 disease - talk to me!!

Hi there! I have just been given the IgG4 diagnosis. I am keen to make contact with anyone on social media who reads this who has the same condition. My name is Nick, I am 55 years old, and live in Bournemouth with my wife and daughter. I have met the consultant who appears best placed to be in …

Last reply
  • Hashimoto's Disorder

So I have been DX with an autoimmune disorder called Hashimoto's Disorder. Can anyone tell me what they are taking for the extreme fatigue associated with this disorder?

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with IGG4.

I have been poked, scanned and everything else. Now my rheumatologist says I have IGg4. I was seeing an oncologist in regards to this, but he really couldn't nail it down, even after blood test after blood test. I have had several other issues that I think the igg4 has caused. Such as problems …

Last reply
  • Is my rash an autoimmune rash?

three years ago I began having this reoccurring rash, it always starts out and was diagnosed as possible ivy. I saw an urgent Care Dr and my dermatologist. I was prescribed an oral and topical steroid that didn't help, the rash became worse after 10 days on the steroid and changed the way it …

Posted
  • I'm in the hospital with a rare disease help me

Okay so I used to be an opiate user about 7 years ago I haven't touched any narcotics in that long but I did however find a dietary supplement that made it feel like I was on opiates and it helped my pain gave me energy and it really works it's called kratom I've been taking it for a …

Last reply
  • Chronic fatigue

How do you get thru a normal day?  Do you have supportive people around you? What do you say to people who don’t believe you physically can’t work bc the fatigue is so bad due to your illness

Last reply
  • Please help - overwhelmed and now confused by lab test

Hi all. I have been experiencing a multitude of usual symptoms, the most prominent being extreme exhaustion, which is only getting worse (when I couldn't imagine it ever could) and a 27lb unintentional weight loss. Anyway, I had a positive ANA (only 1:80) and now my doctor has ordered an …

Last reply
  • domperidone

I have just been diagnosed with limited systemic sclerodoma which apparently has affected my oesophagus which in turn has led to bronchiectasis (though I don't have symptoms for any of this!). I have been prescribed domperidone to stop me aspirating acid into my lungs and making them worse. Any …

Posted
  • Dermatomyositis

An autoimmune condition that affects the connective tissue, of your skin and muscles. A flareup may start with a rash, mine did, on the right side of my neck, which then spread to my face. Fortunately for me, I was lucky it was diagnosed within two weeks of the rash appearing or it could have gone …

Last reply
  • Never sick. Not dying fast enough

I have multiple autoimmune disorders. I am never ill.   I can't even get a sore throat. I am not improving with medication, exercise, diet and rest.  My doctors do not know what to do with me. I have a mother who died of a similar disorder and six sisters who all died of autoimmune …

Last reply
  • All Aboard the Autoimmune Train

I am 50 yrs old and have been diagnosed with multiple autoimmune diseases/ disorders over the past 2 yrs. I have Autoimmune Hepatitis, Hashimoto, Sjogrens Syndrome and now my rheumatologist is ruling out Myasthenia Gravis ( which often comes with Temporal Vasculitis). I do not get her …

Posted
  • Possible lupus bumps on leg?

I have Sjögren’s syndrome but have never been diagnosed with lupus. I know the lupus blood markers are normal at this point. However, today when I was in the sun I noticed 2 red spots on my lower legs. They don’t hurt or itch but appeared pretty shortly after coming in from the sun. They are …

Posted
  • Is it lupus included blood tests

I'll try to make it quick. I went to the doctor for a rash that started last February (during a trip to florida) was diagnosed with Livedo reticularis. I told the doctor I felt exhausted even with 8 hours if sleep and my wrist and knee joints ached most days. The doctor mentioned I have a red …

Posted
  • Mixed Connective Tissue Diease

Hello everyone! I looked on the discussions and didn't see anything related to what I have been going through so I was hoping there is someone out there that can relate. Forgive me for it taking so long to explain.  In January of 2017, I had a major surgery on my left foot/ankle. It did …

Last reply
  • [srs] Already seen doctor. viral infection or autoimmune

So since april end, i been having persistent on off fever till now.. even on days i not having fever, i feel very warm.. So technically,i am having fever for 2 months already... That is the first symptom. Around two weeks later,i start having ear ache and jaw joint pain. The joint where the top …

Posted
  • IGG4 test

HI all I have been tested 3 times for the IIG4 and been positive all 3 times but the doctor told me it's nothing because its not very high. Does that sound odd? I have sjogrens, Gi bleeds, bowel bleeds and Raynaud's Im worried Im not being checked further for the IGG4 disease. Thanks A

Posted
  • Anybody with relapsing polychondritis?

Does anybody have symptoms with some nose cartilage and ear chondritis that are not fiery red but mainly airway disease? How did you sort out the symptoms of steroid side effect vs disease activity? I think a lot of symptoms are from steroid but cannot prove it and it does not explain 100% of the …

Posted
  • distressed!

hi my name is angel. i am so very frustrated an have been for 10 months. in this 10 months ive had 3 positive test results of ANA an RNP. RNP ranges from 1.6-1.9 an the last test showed ANA less than 1:80. ive been told i have fibromyalgia due to childhood trauma. ( which is so hard for me wrap my …

Last reply
  • Retroperitoneal fibrosis new diagnosis

I have just been diagnosed with this awful disease and it is even rarer in females I'm 59yrs old and the pain omg I have had 3 babies and this doesn't even compare I'm in constant agony and on a lot of morphine while they try to decide how to treat me. They can't operate as it is to …

Posted
  • Autoimmune hepatitis of liver

I'm a young 27 year old wife/mother of two, who was just diagnosed two months ago with autoimmune hepatitis of the liver. I couldn't believe it. I went to emergency room feeling bad in my body and extremely tired for bout a week or two. I never thought I wasn't coming out. I stayed in …

Last reply
  • Research,keep on keep in on.

There's no doubt that these a re difficult symptoms that a lot of us are dealing with.but there's no alternative than to discuss it and deal with it and go after the truth through research etc etc and just keep working on it and talking about it and listening because let's face it part …

Last reply
  • Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I have another post over on the shoulder forum, but I think whatever my problem is may be autoimmune because it comes and goes. Here are a list of symptoms: ~Started with chest/clavicle pain about 6 years ago. EMG for heart attack negative. ~ mild pain when writing on a whiteboard (im a teacher) …

Last reply
  • Symptoms For 2 Years, No Diagnosis

Hi everyone, I've had strange symptoms for 2 years and have been to a multitude of doctors. None have found anything wrong in my blood work, MRI, etc. It started about 2 years ago as itching on my forehead. This itching eventually spread to all parts of my body and evolved into random pin …

Last reply
  • Lichen sclerosis

I have LS and am wondering if wine may effect this autoimmune disease. I believe it does agitate it. Looking for feedback here.

Last reply
  • I have been diagnosed with, igG4rd.

I was originally diagnosed, a year ago. I had several second and third opinions. I believe the mass, has been there for six years. I only can imagine, how everyone, is feeling. This has totally changed my life, you have times and you are so tired and you begin, to begin to feel empty. It is …

Last reply
  • Can anyone relate?

Hi everyone, I have had symptoms on and off now since October and still haven't had a diagnosis. Has anyone else experienced this same set of symptoms? Does it sound autoimmune related to you? -Dizzyness. Not like the room is spinning, but more like my center of gravity is off and I'm …

Last reply
  • What's Your Opinion?

I desperately need some advice. I am sorry this is so long. I've been pursuing a diagnosis for a longtime but haven't been given anything definite yet. I have seen a rheumatologist for the first time. He gave me several prescriptions and lab orders for blood work and x-rays and I was to …

Last reply
  • Always unwell doctors don’t know what’s wrong!

Bit of a long one and I don’t even know if I’m in the right place ... I have been going back and forth to doctors and hospital for 3 years! I’ve had bowel problems and joint problems and I am 90% of the time unwell I get a lot of fevers and high temperatures as well as high blood pressure when I’m …

Last reply
  • More disappointment...

My upper and lower back and my hips are growing greatly more painful every day. So much so that I'm having trouble sleeping because it is so hard for me to get comfy. My legs feel so weak and stiff, I'm afraid when walking that my legs are gonna fall out from under me. And yet again today I …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.