Autoimmune Disease

Posted , 1 user is following.

30 years ago i was diagnosed with Graves disease. I was pretty ill for about 6 yrs then i had my thyroid removed which left me with an underactive thyroid but with meds I felt so much better. Fast forward to 12 years ago and I was diagnosed with pernicious anaemia, which is another AI disorder. Following this I developed roseaca which I recently found out was AI too. Then back in May I had uveitis and 2 opticians I saw recommended I ask my Dr to test me for AI. The 1st blood test showed raised markers but the GP thought it could've been caused by an infection (which I didn't have). I had the test repeated 3 months later and once again I had raised markers but GP thought it could be caused by my diabetes. I'm sure I've got autoimmune disease but I just can't get my Dr to commit to a diagnosis. What can I do without sounding like a hypochondriac?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.