Antibiotic

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have any of you ladies tried the antibiotic Tinidazole and were cured of bv? This medicine costs over $100 but my dr got my insurance to cover it since I’ve been battling Bv for quite some time!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good morning

I've tried every medicine known to man for this infection and I am waiting patiently for tax season where I can go to the doctor for a CO2 laser procedure ...I hear women battle with kidney and liver problems because of too many rounds of antibiotics...24 months of battling it myself as of 12/20/17 and still feeling out of balance. Tindimax is a version of Flavyl (Metronidazole). There's a new medicine coming out this month Secnidazole but I am going to wait this out. I don't have any discharge or burn as of today,but I do not feel free of

this...God knows I pray so hard. I am celibate for 2 years and will be so happy when I do not need gels, creams,pills and pads anymore. Jeep your head up Sista.

• Posted

This has taken over my life it’s been very stressful I give up and going back and forth to dr visits for them to tell you there nothing they can do. I thought about the cryosurgery but haven’t read to much about it. Keep in touch and let me know how the laser surgery goes for you would try anything at this point!!
    • Posted

Cryosurgery...never heard of that but I had a Female OB/GYN suggest burning my endometrium🤔I was like...permanently sterilization? I don’t need a hysterectomy but you,a woman,would perform a surgery on a healthy woman who has NO MAJOR ILLNESS;instead of looking into the CO2 laser process? I asked her if their practice would consider the procedures...which are “considered” cosmetic procedures? I am Wondering...why OB/GYN Professionals are not up on this procedure for women who are healthy but have this recurrent infection...she said the procedure and lasers are so expensive and new...I’m like OK,but because a woman is divorced,celibate and battling with this mess...you can code their insurance for an unnecessary procedure that ends their womanhood,but not a cosmetic procedure that rejuvenates their vaginal walls back to a healthy state? Hurtful to my heart...so I just keep praying for US all and will pay 3000 in about another month. The heavy feeling inside of my vagina,the soreness on the right side and I used to have swelling and burning..,but I haven’t experienced that anymore...because of the gels,creams and temporary comfort antibiotics have while in use...I’ve cried for 24 months at night away from my family. I’ve drank so many Probiotic teas,juice blends and taken liquid probiotics,refrigerated probiotics and fermented teas that state “Wonens Health “ or “Vaginal Health”...I was even referred to a naturalist...she wanted 350 cash then access to my insurance for blood works? So,I’m like if you do not utilize insurance...what are you asking? It’s all a Money Game!!! I will pay whatever it cost for my vaginal Health;but I am not paying you twice for the same procedures...it’s so hurtful that the business of health is only about numbers in bank accounts instead of longevity and total healing...I will keep praying for US in Jesus name because this is All I can do to keep my sanity🙏🏽 Love you and Do Not Give Up!!!

• Posted

Exactly my last visit was very painful cause I just flat out asked so you’re telling me there’s nothing you can do for me? She stated pretty much wasn’t listening to any of the options I brought to her just wanted to shove another antibiotic in me just to get me out of the office I’m in a small town which the vconfidence isn’t no where near my area but I would as well travel and the money they’re wanting I wouldn’t be able to pay for but I asked about insurance they’re willing to take a chance but have to speak with drs and the insurance company before even doing so I’ve prayed and prayed for us all to cease this dreadful disorder and someday hoping they’d come up with a cure! The Cyro surgery is freezing if ur cervix don’t know how that would stop bc but anything is worth a try at this time I really appreciate you praying for me and I’ll continue to do the same for you it’s hard and I as well have cried many tears of pain I’ve met a great guy and he’s became my fiancé and I feel as if I have to let him go cause of my issue with Bg fearing he wouldn’t understand I’ve asked god to heal me in the name of Jesus to accept the man of god he’s put in my life many blessings to you and yours love you as well and please keep in touch to let me know how your laser surgery went or if anything has changed in out battle with bv!

• Posted

Good morning Sista

I have been feeling somewhat better...I went to my Primary Care Physician on 12/13/17. I started feeling like I had a UTI they sent Ciprofloxacin to the pharmacy;now this is a drug my OB said she do not prescribe...one of the researches I had pulled up another lady used it with Tindamax and a Neosporin mixed vaginal suppository. The last time I saw the OB was November,she gave me Bactrim,Tindamax and Diflucan...I went home and used it for 1 week with the Neosporin Suppositories that I made(becoming a weird scientist I feel) I had no results...still the heavy feel and hurting inside;yet no discharge. So I gave my body 2 weeks to rest and I took a Sea Salt bath to detox. I started having UTI symptoms went to my Primary Care;they gave me the Cipro. I spoke to my doctor and told them how I had been battling for 24 months and sick of the infection. I told her it was E Coli. She said(the Primary Care ) that’s not BV. I asked for Metro Gel(Tindamax Family) the vaginal Gel this is what usually works the best. I asked for it compounded with Nystatin;but the compounding pharmacist said they do not recommend this any more...I said ok well just send them to me separately they did..and sent Cipro twice. I had purchased Good Clean Love vaginal balancing gel. I researched up a couple of ladies sharing their results with this formula. I purchased it at CVs but it’s available online too.  I started praying to God because I know it feels as if these bacteria’s have become implanted in my walls and is loving living inside of me and I rebuked that in Jesus name. I know I’ve fell short and I sin and we all do;but there is no way I believe We should have to live with this and accept that”it’s ok”. God knows there is a cure because these doctors pretend this is not a disease,yet,it feels like one...I started the Cipro,Metronidazole Vaginal Gel and Boric Acid Suppositories until it was all gone 2 weeks. After I finished the antibiotics I started the Good Clean Love balancing gel along with the Femdolophis probiotics for a week. 2 days vaginally and 3 days by mouth. I had already taken them in the month of November plus the liquid Probiotics that I purchased at Whole Foods for 50 bucks together. I began drinking Nettle Tea and trying to flush all of the antibiotics out of my system and make sure my body rebalances itself. I haven’t felt any wetness,discharge or burn in about 3 weeks. I am praying that this has worked because God knows I do not want to start this vicious cycle again. I haven’t been able to just enjoy life with this pain. I hope you can see if your doctor will check for E Coli because I’ve never had Bv or Yeast for over 1 treatment until this 24 months of staying up all night researching and blogging with other women. I didn’t even know this existed as a reoccurring infection. I thought of it as simple but it’s complex. I just want my body to be free of pills,gels,creams and back to its happy point. I used to be able to sleep without panties but for the last 24 months I’ve almost wore a pad every day. I have never had an irregular period or any major health crisis. I do not understand why doctors, who are also scientists are refusing to advance their knowledge on this infection and are acting like We are crazy. It’s like I can tell everything about my vagina now. I am praying that my body have eliminated all of the E Coli that has thrown my Ph off of track. Maybe you can ask your OB/GYN to test for E Coli and see if she will prescribe Cipro,Metro Gel and Boric Acid Suppositories. This is a very tricky battle and it seems as if we have to trick this infection out of our bodies by any means necessary. If the symptoms come back I’m going to the laser treatment center and pray that ends the battle. However,I staying positive and keeping my head up and continuing to pray for US all and I ask you to keep praying for us too. Whatever helps me I will share and hopefully help my Sistas in Christ because knowledge is powerful and We collectively have to end this with the help of any doctor that will listen and understand our cry out for help. My cycle starts this week and in Jesus name this has been the end of this monster for US all🙏🏽

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.