Antibiotics

Posted , 4 users are following.

i take Azithromycin three days per week. I believe I have a chest infection atm. I have been prescribed amoxicillin to take for the chest infection but I have been given conflicting advice. One person said to stop the Azithromycin while taking the amoxicillin the other has said continue with both. Has anyone got experience of this that they can share? Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have had a quick search on Internet and cannot find any answers hope someone has the anser on here I would also like to know

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time & trouble.
  • Posted

no authoritative advice, but I stopped it when I was on another antibiotic and restarted at the end of the course. I don't suppose it really matters
    • Posted

thank you. Have since found out its ok to take both together.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.