Antibiotics

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi wondering what AZ is short for. I am in Australia perhaps we dont have it

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

AZ = azithromiacin. Here in the Statesit's often called "Z-pack" because it often comes in a packet of 5 or 7 pills.

• Posted

Hi Julia

It seems it is spelt differently in different countries. I cannot speak for Australia but possibly your spelling is the same as the U.K. 

Here It is Azithromycin.

it is the drug that worked with my BX. A long course and it went away. Any flare up, rare though that is after an infection, AZ just works

Best wishes

Brian

• Posted

Hi Julia the A Z is the alphabet in England ope u understand this
  • Posted

Hi Julia, I see you have been answed, and yes they are called Azithomycin. they are a low dose antibiotic, I take three days a week to keep infections down , there are others like these that I have seen people speak about , but I have only had these and they are helping . 

Take care Pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.