antibiotics and Aloe vera juice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Aloe vera juice has worked well for me this last 5 months. Had to start antibiotics this morning for a infected flare up. Wonder if I should continue with Aloe Vera whils taking the antibiotic?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Malcolm, the first time had any idea of this diverticulitis was in December, since then 2 more attacks Please tell me did you have any symptoms that you were about to have a flare up and if so what was the symptom was also did you have the antibiotics in the house at the time. I have asked my Doctor for the antibiotics just in case and they will not give them to me until I have flare up and that seems mad because if it’s as bad as last time I will end up in hospital again and that is the last thing I want. 
  • Posted

Hi Malcolm, the first time had any idea of this diverticulitis was in December, since then 2 more attacks Please tell me did you have any symptoms that you were about to have a flare up and if so what was the symptom was, also did you have the antibiotics in the house at the time. I have asked my Doctor for the antibiotics just in case and they will not give them to me until I have flare up and that seems mad because if it’s as bad as last time I will end up in hospital again and that is the last thing I want. 
    • Posted

Hi Thomas, Gp allows me to keep antibiotics to take if needed. Having been suffering for many years reconise the symptons. Excess wind,feeling off colour and pain in the effected area. Start with paracetamol and buscapan. If no better after a couple of days start the antibiotics. These work but can take right up to the last pill. Have had scans and telescope up backside and DD confirmed. Been AE couple of times when in severe pain but found them to be usless apart from filling me with morphine and sending home.
    • Posted

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for getting back to me, this is the best reply I have had and it’s a big help.

Last night I started with a dull pain in the left side thankfully it pass off, not to good this morning, one minute chill next minute feeling hot also a bad head and no energy not to sure if it’s the start of a flare. Any comments.

Please can I also ask

1.     Can you get a pain in the lower right side with diverticulitis as I keep getting a nagging pain there

2. Having a flare and pain is this indication that you have an infection.

Just got an appointment with my GP for the 17th Feb hoping he will give me some standby antibiotics just in case. The only thing I have been given for this is lactulose and I don’t like the idea of tanking it on regular basis, same with me at A&E I was having a PR bleed really bad and they say they were sending me and I told them there was no way I was going home and at that they kept me in for 4 days. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.