Antibiotics and citalopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am having urinary tract infection and will need to take antibiotics. could anyone suggest an antibiotic that was taken with citalopram with no issues?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I've been on Citalopram for 12 years and over that period of time I've been on alot of antibiotics for one thing or another, urinary tract infections included. I have never found any antibiotics to clash with Citalopram so unless you have had a bad experience before, you should be fine. You just need to be mindful of herbal medicines and consult your GP first. I hope this helps! 😃

• Posted

I did a round of amoxicillin recently and had no issues.

• Posted

avoid levaquin and linezolid

they both messed me up but Rhi had some amoxicillin and it was fine and didn't notice a difference with citalopram her urinary infection.

probably your best bet I reckon ❤

• Posted

that last message made no sense x lol probably amoxicillin is your best bet.

• Posted

amoxacillion should be ok i had a bad experience with doxycycline so i wouldnt advise that . I think the stronger the antibiotic is when it interacts with citalopram

• Posted

You can take Cefuroxime there are no interactions with citalopram. I have taken this safely in the past with citalopram. The only thing is its not guaranteed it will get rid of your UTI it will depend on what strain of bacteria is causing it you should have a test to see what antibiotics would be suitable then see what your options are.

• Posted

all antibiotics make me worse but im sensitive to meds, they give me neuropathy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.