Antibiotics and LS

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have read more than once that LS clears up temporarily after a round of antibiotics. I know we don't want to be on antibiotics all the time but is there any benefit in being on a natural antibiotic such as garlic all the time? Would it prevent flareups? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I just think there must be a clue as to why antibiotics have that effect.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As I mentioned in several other posts, anytime the skin barrier is damaged, it becomes fertile ground for bacterial colonization. Often, antibiotic-resistant strains of Staphylococcus Aureus are involved, as in the case of 90% of eczema patients. This may be why LS patients respond partially to antibiotic therapy. Antibiotics are also known to have a mild anti-inflammatory action, which may help relieve part of the symptoms.

if you want to access some recent scientific information about a very effective natural antibiotic and anti-inflammatory plant that combats many tough-to-beat strains of bacteria including the Methicilin-resistant strain of Staphylococcus Aureus, please type Topical Applications of St. John's Wort Silae in your search engine. If you then become interested in trying it, please make sure that you are not taking any medication that may interact with it.

I have completely cured myself from a slightly different skin disease called Lichen Simplex Chronicus, also considered incurable and stress/immune-related, after only 6 months of St. John's Wort oral therapy. Nothing I tried in both conventional and natural medicine, was remotely close at being this effective against the disease, during 20 years of suffering.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi sandra, LS is thought to be an immune system reaction and antibiotics as well as disrupting the gut flora also suppresses the immune system. So it makes sense that LS could be suppressed when using antibiotics. Not a good idea to be on antibiotics for long as one can become more susceptible to yeast infections like candida. Vit.A+C and health herbs are a safer bet. Garlic is good but best eaten raw, a clove a day to be effective. Garlic capsules are a bit of a sell and not much use.
  • Posted

I love garlic and eat a lot of it, but it hasn't had any miracle effect on my LS.  However, when I have been on a dose of antibiotics, it definitely clears up until I finish the treatment, at which time it comes back again!!

Love the idea though!!

• Posted

I didn't say I actually advocated being on permanent antibiotics just that I'd heard that there were cases of people who for whatever reason (not LS especially) were on a LOW permanent dose. I imagine it to be in the way that eg people who've had a stroke are on half an aspirin a day for life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.