Antibiotics from a toothache gave me ulcerative colitis?!

Posted , 9 users are following.

i had a toothache that put me in the er a few weeks ago and they gave me vicodin and an antibiotic. it relieved the pain almost immediately thank the lord. but now , two - three weeks later, i have had diarhea, unbearable stomache cramps, possible blood in my stool, and a multitude of stomache problems for about a week. norovirus is going around like crazy so at first we just wrote it off as that. i knew about the second day in ,something else was wrong. my wife is a nurse and weve been trying to figure it out without a doctors visit. we make to much for medicaid but are already about 20k$ in debt from medical bills. so we think i have ulcerative colitis and its from the antibiotics i got from my toothache. im going to lose my job because of this bit i literally cant stand without a bowel movement needing to be released. i cant force myself to eat. i get naseaous randomly throughout the day, never for more than a few hours. theres a pain or pressure i cant even describe around my shoulderblades and a sharp but bearable pain in my lower left abdomen, especially when laying down. sometimes i find it hard to breathe unless i focus just on breathing. oh and when i pass a BM, 7/10 times, it causes an unbearable crampy feeling that literally makes me cry and pray to god. i literally cant afford to go to the doctor, er, urgent care, or anything.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,,so sorry your going through such agonizing issues ,, have you tried imodium ? I hope youre drinking plenty of water so not to dehydrate . Which can also give you diarrhea . I hope you get well soon , but do keep in mind ,sometimes a doctor is needed .

• Posted

It's probable that tooth problem ( bacteria ) may have caused or lead to stomach problem. I got hpylori after I got tooth decay. I am not sure if it was the real cause. But it can be the reason in my opinon.

• Posted

If you go to the nearest hospital E/R they must give you treatment whether you can or cannot afford to pay.

• Posted

I agree with lester , get answers and medications that will help you

• Posted

yes they will attend..... and your bill will be sent by post at later stage.... thats how its working..at least here...

btw thoose symptoms even sound like gallbladder issue to me...

• Posted

I would still suggest doctor if possible. otherwise, I would water fast for a few days, and then do a bone broth fast, it has gelatin for healing the lining, add probiotics to repopulate all those lost good bacteria. everytime my stomach flares, I have to fast. it works every time. still see still a doctor if you get no relief.

• Posted

hi, sorry to hear you are going through these problems. i have had the same and found out by trial and error what to do.drink plenty of water, take a probiotic Align for IBS or flora 50 billion critical care. stay away from bread, seeds, nuts, popcorn.you can also try cholestryamine, a powder you drink, make sure you are getting close to 30 grams fiber per day. any of these are also good for ulcerative colitis.... good luck, let me know how you do. give it close to 2 weeks.......

nancy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.