Antibiotics while on liquid diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi in the middle of flare up I am 63 had this now for about 10years,

usually I eat any thing I want too, so not sure what triggered this flare up.

i read taking ibuprofen could be a cause which I have been taking for hip and back pain. What I would like to know is what other members do when taken antibiotics on a liquid diet it says take antibioticswith food or when you have just eating? I was on Co-amoxiclav 3times a day but could only take them for 2 days as they gave me very bad diarrhoea. I am now on metronidazole 400mg and it is breakfast time I am still on liquid diet but it says take these antibiotics with food, any suggestions on what others do will be helpful.

Many thanksĀ rolleyes

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was on antibiotics over Christmas and I had a bowl of chicken soup with a slice of bread before taking my tablet and it worked for me. I am glad you can eat anything I wish I could I can't eat beef chocolate or anything fried. I even find it hard to eat fruit

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply, I find the morning the worst not knowing how to take the antibiotic, I decided to take it with jelly this morning and that was fine.

im 4 days in with diverticulitis the pain is starting to subside, feeling a lot better than the beginning of the week, might start the low fibre foods tomorrow. Been on the liquid diet for 4 days now so feel ready to try foods again.

how are you getting along are you well now?

• Posted

Yes Thankyou I am just fed up of going to the toilet about 6 every morning and not being able to eat what I want I hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

Thank you

whats your food like at the moment?

when I'm well I have 30g of porridge made with water with a banana and teaspoon of honey on top for breakfast then either poached egg with toast for lunch or soup, for dinner fish with vegetables. Jelly is becoming my best friend lol

• Posted

I have albran for breakfast sandwich for lunch and chicken or fish for tea. I haven't tried eggs yet might try one today x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.