Antibodies in blood

Posted , 4 users are following.

could anyone help my daughter is 13 weeks pregnant second child recent blood test showed she had antibodies in her blood!! They will take blood tests every month until April then 2 weekly not sure what all this means I'm just a worried mother my daughter had leukemia in 2009 and when there's a problem with her health I go into panic mode! Many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Antibodys are a protein that your immune systems creates to help fend off outside invaders, such as bacteria, parasites, viruses and cancers. They can also be formed with auto immune diseases. There are 5 different classes of antibodies and there are probably hundreds and hundreds of subtypes.  It would be helpful to know which kind please.  For example...  TPO Antibodies means you have thyroid disease,  Anti-dsdna points toward the direction of Lupus...  Did her doctor mention which kind of antibodies?  If not, I would give him a call and ask him what kind of antibodies were found in her blood and their purpose.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.