Anticipatory Anxiety and Cit

Posted , 4 users are following.

GREETINGS,

I want to thank all of you for your positive support, I CAME across this site when my anxiety was rearing its ugly head, I WAS IN BAD SHAPE , I STARTED cit back in JULY after being on Paxil for 5 months with awful, awful anxiety.

I never thought I would get better, however, 4 months in, I'm feeling myself at about 60 percent. I have faith that CIT will heal me along with the continued support on this site.

Can anyone relate or provide feedback?

I've had anticipatory anxiety for the past 20 yrs, certain places when thinking about going to, I START feeling anxious , thinking about being anxious going certain places, beach, concerts, plays, etc.. its not that I FEAR the places , just worried I'll FEEL uncomfortable

HOWEVER, I CAN GO so many places and not think twice with no issues. and feel calm

WILL these anxious thoughts eventually go away being on CIT?

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

in 3 months on citalopram 20 mg... i feel maybe 50%.. i still feel anxious and worry for my health, only thing that freaks me out are my long term symptoms of headaches, body tingling, eye floaters, fatigue. do you have any of this? ( this started before taking the med)

• Posted

HI I am on 10mg also get floaters, body treamberling, migraine, fatigue, all before I started it, only 2 weeks don't feel much better, doctor won't put me up dose till have been on 10mg 6 weeks , age 58,

• Posted

HI I am on 10mg also get floaters, body treamberling, migraine, fatigue, all before I started it, only 2 weeks don't feel much better, doctor won't put me up dose till have been on 10mg 6 weeks , age 58,

• Posted

ive found citalopram a life saver. i was on it four years - felt great and thought i was well enough to cone off in JANUARY. Apart from the weird dizziness and out of body for about four weeks coming off was ok. Unfortunately by August I was back to square one with frustrated anxiety. Like a volcano. The slightest thing and feeling horrible about myself and others the whole time, not sleeping, holding my breath. Back on 10 mg and its all gone away. I love feeling calm and consistent and less paranoid. Also - I've started a CBT course and I think this is going to be awesome in learning new responses like the fear you described. I fear not being accepted or liked and then worrying all night about social interactions I've had. Yet you'd never guess if you saw me in social situations.

Good luck and I'll stick ti CiT if it means I don't revert back !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.