Antidepressants

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have any of you guys been put on antidepressants? Did it help?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I can't ever make it past the initial dizziness as a side effect to take them long enough. It always aggravates my dizziness so I can't find any to take other than the vestibular suppressants such as Valium and Klonopin but even those make me drunk feeling so I don't take them often.

But everyone is different so I say at least try them and see how you feel. I hear good things and that they can help!

• Posted

I take valium now but want to get off them asap. What antidepressant were you taking?
  • Posted

Y
    • Posted

Sorry my ipad is playng up, i was trying to types Yes! Ha ha.  I actually asked for them (Having been against them initially). I had read a medical article that actually mentioned how anti d's can help, not so much as to get rid of the dizziness itself per se, but as many of us, especially those long term (I,m six years), we can get stressed out, with it on a daily basis.  I' e fou d since i started them Three months ago.  i am able to deal with it all better. I used to get really upset over small things due to feeling unwell all the time, over sensitive etc., which ,made the dizziness thing worse.  Now i can let things go much quicker, hence less stressed,,less anxious, less dizzy.  It,s still there yes,  but it's a coping mechanism.  I think you may have to try different ones as not all are the same, and different strengthsmto get the right effect. I'm on Sertraline 100mg (Started on 50mg)

• Posted

That is really good to hear. Im on 10 years of this crap. The lightheaded feeling is the worst. Everyday is a struggle and i have been so against them. After ent and primary both said i should i am considering. I just always wonder if it is something more severe. Im a catastrophic thinker. Zoloft is the same thing as setraline, zoloft is just the brand name. Supposedly the safest and with the least amount of side effects. Did you experience any?
    • Posted

Hello. Yes they definitely helped me. They reduced my dizziness by about 50% and improved my mood. Don't be put off by the first few weeks of taking them. Your symptoms can get worse. Mine got worse for about 2-3 weeks then they got much better. You need to hang in there and persevere!

• Posted

Thanks. Im really hoping this may be my magic pill. May i ask what your sympts were prior to taking them? And what antidepressant are you on?
    • Posted

No i didnt have any side effects. If you google VEDA, Vestibular Disorders Assoc., then PPPD, there's a,good article that at the end, 'Treatment" talks about anti d's etc. You might find that interesting to read.

• Posted

Prior to taking them my

symptoms included dizziness (a whirling sensation but not vertigo), lightheadedness, pressure in the head and head fogginess. All balance

and vestibular test came back clear so this was the neurologists last option.. and it worked. I'm only on a low dose of Doxepin 30mg. I recommend starting low and increasing if you need to. May

I ask what dose you've been given and also if your tests are clear or is there a vestibular issue?

• Posted

My test were also clear. And my dr put me on 25mg zoloft. My dizziness is me moving.
    • Posted

25mg is a good dose. My dizziness is my moving also, not my world moving. I think you might benefit from them but try not too put too many high hopes in the medicine, they're not for everyone. If I could give any advice it is to push through those first few challenging weeks of first taking them! Good luck

• Posted

My nuero thinks I have vestibular migraines. I am trying Botox now but it will take a few weeks to see if it works. Pills made me worse, but they work for some. I have read about people who are like us and have their wisdom teeth poking through which turned out to be their problem. Once they were removed things got better. Just putting it out there incase somebody might still have wisdom teeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.