Antidepressants, hearing loss and tinnitus

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have always had hearing loss, and recently i was on zoloft and since ive stopped it and now im on celexa, my tinnitus is so much worse, it ends up being beeping,buzzing, white noise effects, turning into the screaming of mh name or just screams in general.

i wear hearing aids but everything is so much worse, i cant even fall asleep with out needing to taken hydroxyzine to fall asleep.

any. suggestions or advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Get back on Zoloft

I get the same. I need to take Ambien everyday, if I don't, my T is louder.

• Edited

but Zoloft, i had so may side effects, and Zoloft is what made my tinitis worse and now its non stop, I couldn't sleep well, shaking and tremors, didn't eat much, felt like i was in my head too much, wasn't myself, panic attacks, would only skeep for an hour at a time,

i dont think going back on Zoloft would be good for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.