Skip to content

Tinnitus

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Worried

Hi guy I'll start from the beginning,  I have had T for a few years due to grinding and clenching in my left ear I'm on amitriptyline and that lowered it so much that I couldnt here it. Iv recently come out of a dv relationship my ex partner slapped me over the head it was more on …

Last reply
  • Left Side Ear Ringing, Eye Pain, Headache, Dizziness, Pressure

For a little background I am a 30 year old female. I have had headaches my entire life and suffered from allergies since my teens. After my daughter was born 4 years ago I had sinus surgery as I started to notice constant pressure in my face and ears so I went to an ent and I did have some …

Last reply
  • Ringing in left ear after ear infection.

Greetings all. About two weeks ago I had an ear infection. I am a swimmer and I shoot at a firing range. Well, I didn't know I had the infection and went shooting. I had double ear protection on, the inner ear sponges and ourter ear muffs. After the session I noticed the ringing in my left ear. …

Last reply
  • Soft siren sound?!?!

So I have ringing in my ears always due to the tinnitus. But I also sometimes have a very faint ( like way in the distance) kinda siren sound. Anyone ever get this? It’s weird. 

Last reply
  • Pulsatile tinnitus 24/7 making me depressed.

Hi all, I'm 28 year old female who has had pulsatile tinnitus for a year now, and it's caused me severe depression, even contemplating suicide at my low points. It all started in late pregnant with my first child, it wasn't constant and mainly when exercising or bending, doctors said …

Last reply
  • Tinnitus as a result of labyrinthitis

Did anyone recover from labyrinthitis fully and did the ringing stop completely?  I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis late July and my tinnitus was faint and it became noticeable early August.  I also have slight hyperacusis with it too 

Last reply
  • Temporary Tinnitus

I have had tinnitus for 6 weeks 5 days now, and three doctors have told me it will go one hundred percent. Has anyone else been told this before? They say minimum 6-8 weeks, no longer than a year. I'm really struggling to live with this, and I will never accept it if it is permanent. If it is …

Last reply
  • Dry Fasting

Has anyone tried Tinnitus Treatment's Dry fasting cure with any success ?

Last reply
  • better/healing now from tinnitus

April 4, 2018 tinnitus was reactivated by a machine used by a physiotherapist called a thumper.  The vibrations started the ringing in my ears again. I used sound imitators for the ringing,whooshing sound(crickets) and the pulsing (heart beat) to help me sleep. You can find sounds that help on …

Last reply
  • New tinnitus sufferer

Hi Really hoping you can give me some advice please. My wife was recently prescribed HRT medication and after taking the drug for a short period now has tinnitus. 21 years ago she suffered similarly and was successfully medicated. We think it was the drug Nortriptyline but unfortunately her …

Last reply
  • inner ear twitching

I am 19 years old and i have T and EAR SPAMS/TWITCHES for 5 years now,not only i have strong T i have to deal with this MEM (middle ear myoclonus) wich is very rare condition,basicly my left ear twitches/spasams when i hear sounds like running water,traffic,blow dryer and all that,what is a set of …

Last reply
  • tinnitus

Hi everyone,i was diagnosed with tinnitus about 3 months ago.The audiologist that did my hearing test said I have hearing loss in both ears,not surprising really as I'm a carpenter having worked on noisy building sites and still do.The audiologist recommends trying hearing aids and booked me an …

Last reply
  • My ears just started ringing.

It happened a few minutes ago while I was on my computer working in my room. I'm 35. I had an ear infection many years ago. I used to be a skydiver, I heard that can cause problems with ears. I've had a cold recently and my sinuses were quite blocked and so I popped my ears a lot. But I …

Last reply
  • Coping with sudden hearing loss and very loud tinnitus

Hi I'm new to this and hoping someone can help.  I've been diagnosed just this week with SSHL, severe hearing loss on right ear around 90db mark. On massive dose of steroids to see if some of hearing will come back but unlikely. I know I'll cope with the hearing loss in time, it' …

Last reply
  • Tinnitus, anxiety, not weather

Hi everybody, I have had tinnitus for just over a year. It's like a constant white noise, not so noticeable when I'm out or when I'm in busy. I've been to ENT but everything ok. Hearing normal, just advised that it is probably due to neck arthritis which I also have. I Take …

Last reply
  • Tinnitus

I'm so depressed right now my ears are ringing like mad it's affecting me parenting I just wanna die My hearing is blocked iv tried poping my ears to clear them that anit working nothing is helping. Also not coping with tinnitus iv pushed my kids away they hate me it's all my fault

Last reply
  • Tinnitus as new symptom of longstanding neuropathy anyone?

Hi. I'm trying to get to the bottom of what might be causing my relatively new and worsening tinnitus. Mine is a very high frequency whine - never varies but it does ease when I've been asleep. A minute or two so into wakingit returns with a vengeance. Is it significant that it eases when I …

Last reply
  • Tinnutus

I have never had trouble with my ears, only when going on a plane with the pressure. I was taken ill with a irregular heart rhythm at the end of January.The consultent put me on beta blockers.Within 24hrs my ears started to go funny.At first I did not think it was the tablets.I looked up about them …

Last reply
  • New here...need some reassurance

Hello. I haven’t posted on this topic before although I’ve been dealing with it for 7 years.  I have pulsatile tinnitus. I’ve had it for 7 years. It randomly started one day and hasn’t gone away since. I constantly hear my pulse in my left ear. It’s whooshing sound that goes along to my …

Last reply
  • Tingling, tennitus, visual snow, reduced mental function

Hi all, I've been having symptoms come on for years now and it's driving me insane. I now have a constant tingling all over my body, mainly felt in my extremeties, but also in my butt, back and sometimes my face. It's always there, but it does get worse at points. This has been going …

Last reply
  • Crackling in Ear

Hello, this is my first crack explaining this issue in a forum and I have read plenty of forums with symptoms similar but not exactly like mine. So far I have been to 4 ENT's with no resolution to my problem and the last one telling me its in my head and not real, WOW. I have had all the …

Last reply
  • Tinnitus Long Term.

I dont know how rare my case might be but I have had Tinnitus since I was a kid, In fact I have had it for about 45 years. Obviously there are times when its hard to cope and In the past I have spoke to many doctors. I have also had therapy for this Tinnitus that helped very little. In my case its …

Last reply
  • Tinnitis

Can anyone tell me if taey have experienced their T worse with taking cough meds. Iv got an awful cough and took (warily) a cough med last and this morning g. So far just the same nuisance, but I can deal with the cough better than a louder T.

Last reply
  • Tinnitus, i don’t know what is the real cause?

Okay, my story started like this.  My general blood pressure is low. (not too low, normal limits) But I experienced an event that would raise my blood pressure three years ago. (I will also say that; it was masturbation. ) And then normally, my ears started ringing for two seconds. It was …

Last reply
  • tinnitus

nearly 2 months ago i had a really bad cause of whiplash thats left me with tinnitus in both ears, its so loud and hypercusis is terrible, do you think it will go when my body heals itself gets over the shock ? i do notice if i bite down my tinnitus is worse and alot of crunching in my jaw, could …

Last reply
  • Unexplained tinnitus....need help

Hi everyone! I've never been on a forum before, but I thought I might as well give it a go since my tinnitus is slowly driving me insane.. Any help/support/fresh insights are much appreciated!  I'm 24yo and have had a sudden unexplainable onset of tinnitus about 6-7 weeks ago. I …

Last reply
  • Head ringing

Please please please someone out there tell me that I’m not the only person that has a constant high pitches frequency tone deep within their head?! NOT MY EARS, my head! I’ve read nothin but comments and discussions on tinnitus and I have had all the procedures that follow it. Did not know what …

Last reply
  • Progress: 3 weeks on

Been 3 week it was almost gone but someone decided to stick their finger in my ear and made it worse again...  I'm going to have to restart the recoverer all over again 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.