Skip to content
Ad

Tinnitus

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Recent constant noise in my left ear

I just have experienced this constant noise in my left ear, I went to see my GP and she had a look inside it and noticed some wax but also an infection. She prescribed me a olive oil spray but also told me there is a small chance of developing a tumour in your ear and she wants me to have an MRI scan...

Last reply
  • Temporary Tinnitus

I have had tinnitus for 6 weeks 5 days now, and three doctors have told me it will go one hundred percent. Has anyone else been told this before? They say minimum 6-8 weeks, no longer than a year. I'm really struggling to live with this, and I will never accept it if it is permanent. If it is still...

Last reply
  • Tingling, tennitus, visual snow, reduced mental function

Hi all, I've been having symptoms come on for years now and it's driving me insane. I now have a constant tingling all over my body, mainly felt in my extremeties, but also in my butt, back and sometimes my face. It's always there, but it does get worse at points. This has been going on...

Posted
  • Blocked escutcheon tubes and the valsalva maneuver

Hey all, I've had titinus for around 9 months now, I get clicking when swollowing, dizzy when moving my eyes, balance issues, the feeling of ears being full and pressure changes. I've also heard the sound of fluid moving in my ear when chewing. I've recently performed the valsalva maneuver...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus & thrush

Can anyone tell me if tinnitus and thrush are connected. l have seen on the internet  and it says that sometimes these two problems can be linked. As anyone suffered with this?

Posted
  • I have a cold and have ringing in my ears, should I be worried?

I have a cold and have had a fever in the past few days, I also have a chesty cough. Occasionally, I will get this loud, deep, subdued buzzing in my right ear, I also have blocked ears and have had the ringing in the other ear but only once. The ringing started the night I had an ear ache in the ear...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus has flared up following stress. Friendly advice please?

Hi. I have had fluctuating tinnitus since christmas. At the moment it seems to be particularly noticable especially in quiet rooms. It sounds like electrical interference... occasionally a pulse. Ive been fully checked out via MRI etc and medically nothing is wrong. It is causing me some distress and...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus in right ear

Hey guys, Forgive me for my bad English. I went to a festival 2 weeks ago. Unfortunaly I forgot my earplugs (very stupid). The next couple of days I heard a high pitch in my left ear/in my head. Since that time I started focusing on all sounds. Therefore I got a quite severe headacke. Since I was afraid...

Posted
  • Loud ringing in ears after flu, Will it go away?

I've made another post in the menieres disease forum, but I just had some concerns I wanted to ask to anyone who could answer me. I'm 13 years old right now, came down with a flu about a week ago, and I was experiencing loud ringing in my left ear one night. I hear it in one ear sometimes, and...

Last reply
  • My T is Back Any Tips ?

first of all my english is not good , its not my first language ok so i got my T 5 years back  i got habitual and now it came back with a bit loud pitched sound here what is happenieng to me just like when it started if i wake up in the morning and i dont hear any tinitus . my tinitus will...

Posted
  • Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome

Hello, This is something I found out about recently and may be the cause of some of you with tinitus problems. Apparently not all GPs have heard of it. The tenor tympani muscle is a tiny muscle in the middle ear. It reacts to sudden loud noises called the startle reflex. It can be caused by high stress...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus in left ear only

Hi there I have had tinnitus in my left ear since last year and it has become louder/more noticeable. it is quite high pitched and constant. Never wavers or goes away. Went to ENT and hearing test shows slight hearing loss in left ear also. I can hear for phone calls but I've noticed I find it...

Last reply
  • My Story

I have had tinnitus for the last 15 years. No doctor seems to give a care and tells me to live with it and they ignore my complaints. I have been told to live with it, use herbal remedies, you have a  Eustachian tube disorder, you have sinusitis/rhinitis. It all started when I had a really bad respitory...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus after blocked ear and Syringing

Hi, I'm 50 year old man with lound high pitch ringing in one ear after having it syringe unblocked at my local practice, never had problems before with tinnitus except my be a few hours after a concert like most people do. The tinnitus has been going on for 1 week now, been back to doctors and he...

Last reply
  • Have a ringing in my ear for 2 weeks

Hello everyone, two weeks ago a ringing started in my left ear. First two days were accompanied with a hearing loss but since then it's only the ringing. In the last two days it has gotten stronger and I'm losing concentration. In the past I had problems with my eyes that sometimes everything...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus - one ear only - TERRIFIED

I've suddenly developed a high pitched ringing in my right ear. it began on Monday, was less on Tuesday and seemed to disappear on Wednesday. However, it is now Thursday and it's back again as bad as ever. I did a little research online and have read that if it's in one ear only it could...

Last reply
  • Coping with sudden hearing loss and very loud tinnitus

Hi I'm new to this and hoping someone can help.  I've been diagnosed just this week with SSHL, severe hearing loss on right ear around 90db mark. On massive dose of steroids to see if some of hearing will come back but unlikely. I know I'll cope with the hearing loss in time, it's...

Last reply
  • Audiogram Results with High Frequency Testing and DPOAEs

Hello, I've had Tinnitus for about 15 months now, 99.5% of the time on my left ear, occasionally I can sense some very very minor ringing on the right ear. I got my third audiogram done yesterday at UCSF Medical. The previous two were done at a local audiology center and at Stanford. The first two...

Last reply
  • tinnitus and neck arthritis

Hi everyone, I have recently been diagnosed with neck and spine OA although early stages. Apart from neck pain, stiffness and creaking when I turn my head I am getting tinnitus in both ears. I can hear radio wave sounds and can hear my heart beat in my ear when I lay down. I also feel giddy when I turn...

Last reply
  • MASSAGE FOR TINNITUS

Probably this method has not been ever mentioned as a treatment for TINNITUS, however I have been doing this for several months and I can assure to all of you, that in my case I have experienced a very important relief. If somebody gets interested, just ask for some more information

Last reply
  • Tinnitus treatment with Hearing Aids

I've been living with Tinnitus for over 25 years. In the early years my Dr's would tell me the only treatment was to simply ignore it. Great advice. Later I was told that there was really no cure, I could try suppliments or Herbal treatments, but really they were just more of a Placebo. Over...

Last reply
  • concentration

hello just joined t suffer for years do you think tinnitus affects concentration as mine does not seem that clever

Last reply
  • ringing in ear and more

I have ringing in my right ear on and off, when it gets really loud I have started to suffer from dizziness and loss of balance, this then lead to motion sickness, does anyone else have this problem and do you have any suggestions that can help, as at the moment when this happens the only thing I casn...

Last reply
  • Tinnitus driving me mad. Loosing my life.

I really need some advice, badly. 3 months ago I went shooting and forgot ear plugs. I shot about 20 rounds and when I got home my hearing was muffled and my right ear was ringing. It all got pretty quiet then I went to a party that was pretty loud and the ringing got even louder along with a hissing...

Last reply
  • Not just ringing

As i said in the title its not just ringing ,its a constant ringing and buzzing although buzzing is not a big enough word , it's almost like a tune , a bit like the tune played by one of those infuriating greetings cards , the only slight relief i get is if i sit up in bed. I would be interested...

Last reply
  • 21 years old - loud tinnitus

Hey, So I'm 21 and I have a loud ringing in my left ear, mine is not actually the high pitch "white noise" others describe. It is relatively low pitch - the only thing I can say it is similar to is the ringing that house radiators sometimes make (if you have ever noticed that). I am not...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.