Left Side Ear Ringing, Eye Pain, Headache, Dizziness, Pressure

Posted , 5 users are following.

For a little background I am a 30 year old female. I have had headaches my entire life and suffered from allergies since my teens. After my daughter was born 4 years ago I had sinus surgery as I started to notice constant pressure in my face and ears so I went to an ent and I did have some sinusnitus and a deviated septum. Move forward another year and I notice a constant ear ringing, I mention this to the ent and he decides to try a steroid thinking maybe I have fluid in my ears, no help, thinks maybe I need tubes, back tracks and decides I need to visit my dentist it’s probably due to tmj. So I get a bite guard fast forward a year and here I am three months ago and still no relief and I am noticing the ear ringing is getting worse, the pressure in my head is worse, I’m having vision problems, headaches that really just don’t go away, I get tenderness at the base of my skull just from laying down, when I bend over and stand up I can feel my heart beat in my head(I forgot all these symptoms are mainly all left sided) I did decide to get my vision checked as it had been over a year since my eye exam and no changes were found. I went back to the ent, they did a hearing test - small change nothing crazy, so they did a VEMP, I had an abnormal result on my left side but not exactly sure what that meant so I was sent for a ct scan. Ct scan came back normal so dr decided I am having vestibular migraines and put me on a beta blocker- all that did was intensified my daily headache so I stopped it. Now I am being referred to a neurologist which is where I started back 5 years ago!!!!   HELP

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh wow...seems u have many like symptoms as I do..my head sometimes just sounds like thumping too and like sometimes electrical charges going off. Have had T for yr an half. Have u cked out..occipital neuralgia, or adrenal fatigue, or Linear Morphea, just some things iv ran across. One was something about your blood vessels in head going thru the bone. Can't remembr what that was but different tests for these. Maybe glance at thm an c. I know for some of these issues, certain meds or and excercises are suppose to help.my eyes burn too. Does yours? It cud be so many things..I don't do much online research anymore. Stressed me out too bad..I also have like a ridge in my head or indention..have u got anything like that? Sure hope u gt answers. I get wave like feelings also like a rush in my head..so much going on I'm just starting to relax thru symptoms..

• Posted

Oh my!  I have the exact same symptoms, even the ridge/dent/knot in my skull. That’s crazy. Have you made progress on a diagnosis or treatment since your post 9 months ago?  
    • Posted

Nope, still just bout same..still get wave like symptoms, noises, etc. I get aches behind my eyes and temples as well. My Dermo called the lumps on my head cutis verticis gyrata..but my gp said cysts..I even asked my ent, he said lymphomas...sooooo....any-bodies guess..still got the tinnitis as well..I just keep going...figure if dangeroys, I'd be in trouble by now..so I'm just adjusting to it all..wink

• Posted

Thank you so much for responding. I’m not excited about going through the test/diagnosis process. I have an appt in a couple of weeks with my pcp. I’ll let you know if I find out any new info. 
    • Posted

Yes, please do. Not many if us have these symptoms so it's almost a relief to c another as well..I get to thinking I'm alone in this..thank yoy for keeping me posted

• Posted

I went to a EAR, NOSE & THROAT doctor last week. I had moderate/significant hearing loss in my left ear, which rings constantly. I am schedule for a CT scan Tues(9/4) of my head & neck. He thinks the knot on the left side of my head is most likely a benign tumor, which most likely is the cause of the headaches. I’m praying it is nothing and my headaches are just headaches. I will keep you posted on what I find. Maybe we can get an answer to our questions and finally get a diagnosis. 

• Posted

i know this was 5 years ago but did you ever get results?? going through the same thing!

• Posted

Did you ever get any answers..? Sure hope you get it all figured out because I know, it sure is stressful not knowing..
  • Posted

You poor girl! I've had this for years. Please ask for a brain MRI with dye to rule out brain mass.

I'm convinced this is an external problem from environmental frequency submergence. My headaches and noise vary in intensity and volume but have been very bad for past two weeks. If you get a chance, listen to the recordings on Astrosurf. Do any of those sound like your noises? This will lead you to many frequencies that surround us but only some of us hear. Notice global unrest these days? If you do find a similar sound recorded online, listening to it at the level you hear it or louder can help.

Good luck!

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.