Antihistamine drugs

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I heard somewhere that taking your antihistamine drug (the decaying in the mouth ones) through your nostrils can speed up process of absorption of that drug. I just wanna know if that's true and if that can potentially do harm to me. My allergy is really annoying and drugs are slow.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'd say no if your directed to take the tablets orally by the manufacturer, you can, however, get specific anti histamine nasal sprays like beconase which some people feel are more effective and can be bought off the shelf from any pharmacy. If you feel like your symptoms are really bad you can always speak to your gp as well to enquire about something stronger like fexofenadine which has worked brilliantly for me in the past.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.