Antihistimines

Posted , 13 users are following.

I take one half of a generic antihistimine every night for a sleep aid. It is the only thing I have found that gives me a good nights sleep. The problem is it also makes urinating harder and more troublesome. Decongestants dont seem to effect my urination but they don"t help me sleep either. 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The melatonin worked great.  All walmart had was the 5 ml gram so I split it in half and just did 2.5 ml. Thanks for the advice everyone.
    • Posted

Yep,That is the first time I have ever used it. It actually worked better than the antihistine. With that being said I hope it wasnt just a one time deal and it keeps working.
    • Posted

Good luck for tonight. My GP is also the medical officer for two sports teams and his players have asked for it to get back into sleeping patterns after coming back on long overnight flights. It did not seem to help any of them.
  • Posted

Mike, I had to go to the emergency room after taking sudafed.  I couldn't urinate at all.

• Posted

It is nice to hear that Melatonin worked. I will suggest you may try fast dissolving Melatonin 3 mg. Take half or even one initially May be for a few days) and then starting decreasing it. Now when required, I only take 1/4 tablet of 3 mg which gives me good sleep.
  • Posted

Your antihistamine may contain diphenhydramine.  It's notorious for exacerbating prostate issues.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Slept well again last night. I am taking spring valley melatonin 2.5 mg. I break a 5 mg. in half and let it dissolve under my tongue.

• Posted

Did you have less urination problems now with melatonin instead of antihistamine ? Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.