antipsychotics

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have depression/anxiety I have been put up to 200mg of sertraline

15mg mirtazapine and now I have been given quetiapine/seroquel

it says on the leaflet its an antopsychotic drug. I can take it twicw a day but only if I really need it.

What are these people doing to meAHHHHHHH

Anyone had any experinces on seroquel?sad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

They have you on three different medicines? Are they going to wean you off the others? Is three seperate meds necessary?
    • Posted

No Im not going to take 3 different meds Im down to 7.5mg of mirt and will taper to 0 in the next 2. months

I will go up to 200mg mg sertraline but I am not taking the quetiapine.

I have now been discharge from the psych because Im getting CBT so I hope that will be the key to coping.

The setraline is really on controlling my depression the anxiety I will just have to fight on my ownredface

• Posted

Okay good The cbt is a wonderful thing. Really pay attention to it and practice it all the time when you go through it. You are correct what you said..the key to coping will be self calming. Many get confused so i just want to say the mal function is what it is, it wont dissapear. BUT that will mean nothing as you learn to self calm. Yes the adrenaline rush will occur but over time you wont care, youll accept it as is and wont fear it so the cycle will be down to about ten minutes and your day will go on. Remember everyone worries in life, its the panic/anxiety attacks you want to contain or dismantle. Good luck and hope all is well.
    • Posted

Thank you for your support Lisa

Yes I will take everything on board and learn the calming techniquescool

• Posted

What did they add the seroquel for?
    • Posted

seroquet or quetiapine is to "take the edge of " my anxiety!!!!??redface
    • Posted

Do they want you to take it everyday or just as needed? A friend of mine uses it kind of like a benzo. She uses it as needed. She's also on 2 other meds. What mg did they give you?
    • Posted

Yes he said I can take them twice a day 25mg but really only use them when I need them.

Its what they are usually used for that is worrying me I have run of the mill anxiety/depression Im not biopolar or anything

• Posted

It's used on a daily basis for schizophrenia and a lot of times for bipolar. It's also used on a daily basis as an add on to antidepressants if your current antidepressant isn't working as well as they would like it to. That's usually on a daily basis also. Some people take it for sleep on a low dose and for anxiety as needed or on a daily basis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.