Antipsychotics Paliperidone long lasting injection and Mental Health

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey Everyone whats everybody's view on Paliperidone injection form ? Also is there Antipsychotics that work ? As 10 years ago since my breakdown that i believed was due to stress emotional childhood and the use then of alcohol and substances, but Madly got diagnosed with two supposed illness's schizoaffective Disorder then they said paranoid Schizophrenia to be honest i never believed this. Now seem to feel worse on meds and have done for years tried to reduce when talking to phychiatrst then as waiting so long self medicating as felt theres nothing to live for, feeling that when i was admitted and was getting help, i feel now actually the help i was looking for i now actually feel worse then before. im actually struggling now as i have just had enough so have used some substances and alcohol that i actually hate deep down when im in clear mind in excess. Was very healthy and fit played football loved gym and exercise. i know do not know what to do as my doctor's are encouraging more medication now as i have been self medicating on drugs. is this a good idea ? and is there any Antipsychotics that work i have been using cbd which helps with sleep but i find the medications interfere with its full effect. Any help or suggestion ?

Thanks Michael

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Michael, I'm sure there are some medicines that work in that type of medicines. Did you say you are using substances now or other things. Did you say you felt like you were getting help or not getting the help you need . I was a little confused on a couple of things you said. I hope you are free from anything but your prescribed medicines . Can you get a second opinion on your diagnosis. It's worth a try . You could give the medicine a try but if you are feeling bad now definitely let your Dr. Know this . Also may Be you need therapy to deal with the things in your life that bothered you . Therapy is a wonderful thing for anyone. Hold on to the days you remember when you were athletic and take any steps to being a more active you. It might start with yoga from YouTube. Then to sit ups and then to jogging in place. One step at a time one day at a time. Reach out for a second opinion and tell them you never felt you had that diagnosis the first time you had your break down .. Either way you will be ok . Just begin again with loving and believing in yourself. I'm sure the medicines you mentioned help and work for people or they wouldn't be prescribed. Good luck and take care

• Posted

Hi there,

Thanks for your response, yes i believe therapy is good im currently attending cbt. which does help with some past issues. but yes i feel its a good idea to get a second opinion, as i just feel the medications and diagnosis is bot correct. Also i actually believe what should be used to tackle some people's lives is the route of the problem and in my case medications just make me feel more depressed about any issues and i actually feel like i have all the symptoms the medications are supposed to treat funnily on medication paranoia anxiety depression suicidal thoughts. obviously as mentioned too using drugs and alcohol which i will definitely not be doing from now on. thank you for your feedback 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.