Antipsychotics side effect

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, am on 15 mg of aripiprazole, lithium 1000mg and citralopram. I feel out of it on the antipsychotic, but need to take it due to having schzoiaffective disorder and I was in hospital again 3 months ago. I hate this sedated state and struggle to cope with it. I went back to work part time, which helps. Just wondered how other people cope with this?

Louise

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have just come off Risperidone and am on a high dose of aripiprazole.

I seem to be able to cope at the moment although the locals in my village are acting odd and being difficult towards me.  I should be discharged from hospital soon and can't wait.

Richard

• Posted

Thanks for replying Richard. I was in hospital in October till Christmas, so can relate to wanting to get home. I was on risperdone before and think aripiprazole is better.

Don't worry about the locals.

Louise

• Posted

Hi Louise. I have schizophrenia and have also spent months in hospital, awful isnt it? I have tried most of the atypical newer antipsychotics. I've worked my way through them because I also found them too sedating, and was desperate to be able to get back to work. I've found Amisulpride to be the best so far. Not sure if you've tried this or if you'd be willing to talk to your psychiatrist about switching?
    • Posted

Hi, have not tried that one will look it up. Am so depressed taking sedating drugs. Just want to be me again. Thanks for replying x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.