antispasmodic specific bentyl

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone on this. If so what are your side effects if any?? I'm trying to figure out if I'm having side effects from starting this or just anxiety...

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take Buscopan for my IBS. However, this is a list of the side effects of Bentyl.  It does mention nervousness and agitation as one of the side effects. You will be able to tell if you have having reactions if you didn't have anxiety before taling Bentyl but suddenly started getting anxious after starting the medication.  There are lots of other antispasmodics you can take instead including Buscopan which is very mild. Ask your doctor.  You may have to try several ro find one that suits.

dry mouth,

blurred vision,

dry eyes

confusion,

agitation,

increased heart rate

Constipation

flushing,

nausea,

vomiting,

rash,

stuffy nose

abdominal bloating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.