Antral Gastritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

After having a recent Gastroscopy I have been diagnosed with Antral  Gastritis. Have been on Nexium for months with no change, my prescription has changed to Pantoprazole which seems to be making the nausea worse. Any thoughts on this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sure thing...none of thoose cure gastritis..they may only protect your stomach from further damage...by lovering your acid production....

You will have to start strict diet...sorry but you didnt mention any age...or previous history of gastritis if any....

Or was the helycobacter test negative? I asume yes.... whats your eating habbits? Do you smoke? 9r drink?

• Posted

Thank you for replying. Helicobactor pylori test negative. Don't smoke or drink. Before this diagnosis of gastritis excellent health, but this is a nightmare. Nausea day and night the worst to deal with and knowing what to eat.  Interesting to know how other people cope.

• Posted

I have it 3months.... negative hp as well... gastritis is terrible... i couldnt sleep...coudlnt eat...i was healthy untill i met with gastritis.

Its hard.... i am nowhere near curred but i am trying to be positive.

I do lactose free milk and blueberries mostly...anything else and i am screwed... even this gives me nausea and bloating... i cant take rice or yogurth... its matter of eliminating food that irritate your tummy and keep on going forward... and what works for me most... is BEING POSITIVE!!

Shoot me a pm if you want to know more about eating habbits et .

• Posted

i take nolpaza 20 mg 

it is better for me

• Posted

Thank you for replying. It's interesting to know how other people cope with gastritis. I'm otherwise very healthy, but finding this difficult to deal with. Nausea day and night being the worst and knowing what to eat. 

• Posted

i take nolpaza 20 every morning

and metoclopromid at night 

no nausea anymore

• Posted

Thank you for that information. I will need to speak to my GP re. changing my prescription.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.