Ants outside my ear!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having this constant tingling for 3 months now just outside my ear. It started just happening very slightly in one place every now and then. It has now moved more towards the hole in my ear and the tingling has grown and now never stops. I have been to an ENT doctor who prescribed me ear drops saying my ear canal was dry and could be the reason for the sensation. Even though the feeling isn't coming from inside my ear. The drops did nothing as i expected them to. I have tried to search anything on my symptoms across the internet and have found more than enough people with the exact symptoms of ants running around the outer part of the ear but no real conclusion. Please anyone help! The only time i get any relief is when i open my jaw wide and it only last for just a few seconds. Could this be a connection? I'm going to have an MRI scan on my brain next week because i am desperate. I used to wear ear plugs every night because i live in close encounters with my family and sleeping is important to me. I stopped thinking that could be the cause but it has gotten worse and even with the ear plug i can still feel the "ants" in my ear which is a very disturbing sensation. If anyone can help shed any light to this strange situation, you will forever be in my utmost appreciation.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

well it maywell be a virus infection in your ears do not use same ear plugs try using something you dnt have to shove in your ears err apart from hope nothing major get to that mri im sure nothing to worry depends can hear small things u cnt u hv your answer try to not put focus to much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.